HybridZ

Those who attended the Windtunnel testing PLEASE READ...

Mikelly

I took the prelim data (perhaps it would be better to call it information) regarding gnose air flow and installed a sheetmetal plate from the bottom of the radiator support to the bottom of the inner lip of the gnose itself late last night. I added side pieces as well. It's not a complete boxed in arrangement but most of the air coming through the gnose front opening now goes directly into the radiator. I have scalloped inspection lids and am thinking of drilling holes in the engine bay walls just before the firewall. That I'll wait on until more data is released.

With no written test protocol or plan, I took the car for a run today and saw water temps lowered as speed increased and no real change in handling at speed. To make it better I'd need a "Works" style front spoiler, which given the cost and the complete uselessness on a street car, not something happening real soon. I have yet to see a gnose spoiler similar to a BRE style unit (not the molded in one like the Showcar version) for sale. Looks like this year's winter project.

I'm in, can't wait to see the data, the pictures look really cool!

I'm all for high speed stability, I used to get nervous when the front end started to float and lift around 125mph when my 78 280Z was running. Now 2 project cars the 76 280/LT1 in underway.