HybridZ

All done with this god for saken body work! LOL

80LS1T

Well it's offical I am done with the body work! I called the painter this week and he's going to try to squeeze it in sometime in the next 2-3 weeks hopefully! He's got 2 other cars to do some work on and then mine goes in!

What I can tell guys that want to do body work but have never done it is that you must be very very patient. Body work is not for the guy that can't stand doing the same thing over and over. I know personally that I will more than likely never ever ever ever do it again! LOL I am a mechanic by trade and this was totally new to me and I did not enjoy any of it! Sure it gave me an excuse to by a nice big compressor to keep up with the DA and gun but thats about all that I really enjoyed/liked about this. Well I guess I really enjoyed taking all the tape and paper off of it tonight and standing back and saying "man I can't believe I did that.....and boy am I glad its done!"

All I can say is you guys who do this for a living are under appreciated! I know next time I'll just pay to have one of you guys do it! Too much stress for me! LOL:grin: :willy_nil

P5050050.JPG

P5050046.JPG

Guy

Guest TeamNissan

I envy you, I'm just about ready for bondo and a few coats of primer.

If I have to cut out rust and reweld in fresh metal anymore in the near future I'll break something.......

Nice work. I don't have the patience for that kind of work. I can do mechanical all day long but electrical and body work just gets me in knots.

Cant wait to see the paint! The body kit does nice to the car.

I agree that the sanding and bodywork is tedious but I have to admit I love the smell of fiberglass filler. Not sure why, maybe its because when I was about 13 I had a part time job with a boat/plane builder. The warehouse always smelled like fiberglass.

Guest TeamNissan

I Like that smell too actualy, also dont know why. Prob the same reason I like the smell of high octane and matches lol. What annoys me about bodywork is the metal work.

I Like that smell too actualy, also dont know why. Prob the same reason I like the smell of high octane and matches lol. What annoys me about bodywork is the metal work.

haahha, another reason why a nice Z touches on all the senses :D

matches rock too :D

Just ordered $800 worth of body stuff(trim, emblems, weatherstrips,etc). Its the kind of stuff you know you need but don't like spending money on it because it doesn't make your car any faster! LOL

I still need a few other things like new seats, recover the door panels, headliner and the rear tail light panel. Money money money! LOL It'll all be worth it though once its on the road again!

Guy

The guy that is painting the car was the lead body shop guy for Dodge Country for the past 15+years, he now has his own small shop at his home. I think he calls his business "Tim's Complete Autobody". He does everything from frame pulling to little dings and dents. I've seen some of the his previous cars and it's quite amazing what comes out of this small shop!

He's figuring somewhere in the neighborhood of $400-500 for him to do the final block sanding on the primer, spray a sealer, and then spray the silver base, candy, and clear, then buff it all out for me. Now I am good friends with him but he does do reduced rates for cash jobs! If you need more info let me know and I'll be happy to get the full address and phone number!

Guy