HybridZ

Chopping up #1793....

dat240zg

It kills me to do this, but the rodstoration on #248 is taking precedent. I'm needing to cut from the front strut towers forward to repair some of the damage on 248, so the shell is up for parts if anyone is needing things.

The car was honestly a really nice Z, w/only approx. 86K on it. Has the early series one hatch with vents and vertical defroster lines. Drivers quarter is really nice as is the drivers fender. The Rear deck and spare tire well is also beautiful.

I posted an add in the classifieds, so mods, if this is a posting faux pa, please let me know.

TIA,

Bryan

Dat240zg

What shape are the hatch, roof, and hood? I would love to rid myself of a sunroof, my hatch is reasonably decent but could stand a replacement, and I am looking for a good hood to use as a starting point for a FG mold.

I could maybe go for a patch panel or two. How is the rear of the passenger side fenderwell... under the battery? And the left side of the... uh... whatever you call the area right above the tailights... covered up when the hatch is closed. I'm having a brain fart.

Thanks!

The battery box area had surface rust on it that I POR-15'd, so it's treated, but you can tell that the surface is rough. No holes though. As far as the hatch jamb I'll check on the left side. I believe that you're in luck - the rust is on the right side. :)

I'll get back to you.

Bryan

That's really too bad. 1766 and 2176 just got bought as complete rolling chassis from a shop here in SoCal for under $1000 for the pair.

I hear #305 is up for sale as well. I will probably see it within the next two days.

The need to cut up the car has been killing me. It was originally a show car, has the window sticker, trophies from the '80's and such.

BUT!!! I promise that #248 will blow your socks off. The guys at the Hack Shack are midway through the body work and based on what I've seen, it'll be worth it.

Every time I go drop something off to them they keep shaking their heads and muttering..."and this is going to be your daily driver?!?"

:)

Bryan

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I did get it - I'm just a little overwhelmed today. For those of you guys who have contacted me about pieces of 1793, I'll be back with you this weekend.

Thanks again.

Bryan

anybody got parts to send to dat240zg??? kinda seems stupid to cut up a early car that nice to save another nice car. parts cars in crappier shape should almost be the solution. not critizing, but slightly rusted car up here are super rare and a shell like that could pay off. you could get a rear ended car and use the front. just shaking my head at this one.

jbk240z did offer to swap out the chassis and if I could have made a swap work out, I would have. Problem for me was the timetable that I'm on for getting the car (#248) done. I had to have the cut to the body shop by the weekend and couldn't wait. #1793 was a nice car for sure, but it had its own issues that would have required significant funds to straighten out.

Moment of silence......

Trust me, #248 is going to be awesome. More to come.

Bryan

well if 1793 was bent in half then well o.k. still sad tho. i rescued my car, was totally rusted out. only parts i kept were the roof, doors, hood, hatch. look what i made my self. pretty much a new car for not that much cash. id save just about anything that wasnt bent in half. only if it were a 1970-1983 z car tho. someone on here has got to have a front clip that is good, and can have it quickly shipped to you. then just ship that other car to me. ill save it.

I agree with Shady about destroying a good car with minimal problems, as it truly is a shame considering how many other Zs are out there that would be better off not being saved :-). However considering Bryan's past-tense verbs, I believe it's already too late and a moot point.