HybridZ

RB Z in June Super Street Magazine

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dave!

I went to 6 different bookstores and had just about given up all hope when I went to the local grocers and just happen to find the last one sitting on a shelf at the check out line. Its warm and snug in a envelope and should go out this afternoon. Once it's on its way I'll send you a message.

Mark,

Love the car. What impresses me the most is that you did not rice out the car.

It has very clean lines and is not over done. Congrats. Gives me ideas for mine.

I think when enough people see the cars that have been posted on Hybridz out on the streets, they will become more popular. Most people are not aware that these cars are still very stylish and capable of great performance. Fun to drive. My son has a 240 with the SR20 red top. He loves his car but I can tell that he can’t wait to get his hands on my

RB-Z when it is running and show it to his friends in school.

Thanks. It's been built up so slowly I've had a long time to study the car's proportions. The wheels are something that I think make such a huge difference. It had 16's on it years ago and the scale of the flares and body seemed so different. I literally built the flares to sit exactly how I wanted over those wheels. The fit is not a coincedence :wink:

Right now, with the body in good shape I'm trying to refine the motor. It's pretty but it does not have the low end torque i want on the track. i'm moving to the RB30 block in a few months. The next step is to try and refine the drivetrain. It's stout but it's brutish loud. It's a grand experiment to see if I can built up a 38 year old car to have the looks, handling and even some of the subtlelty of a modern sports car- mostly NHV issues.

,mark

Mark,

Love the car. What impresses me the most is that you did not rice out the car.

It has very clean lines and is not over done. Congrats. Gives me ideas for mine.

I think when enough people see the cars that have been posted on Hybridz out on the streets, they will become more popular. Most people are not aware that these cars are still very stylish and capable of great performance. Fun to drive. My son has a 240 with the SR20 red top. He loves his car but I can tell that he can’t wait to get his hands on my

RB-Z when it is running and show it to his friends in school.

Hey Dave!

I went to 6 different bookstores and had just about given up all hope when I went to the local grocers and just happen to find the last one sitting on a shelf at the check out line. Its warm and snug in a envelope and should go out this afternoon. Once it's on its way I'll send you a message.

Thanks for time spent looking for it Sparky.

• 3 weeks later...