HybridZ

New CV Joint, Diff conversion, brake swap in the Works!

I bought a received the front R200 Q45 bracket and it is an awesome piece.

Can't wait to install it!!

I bought a complete 2000 Infiinity Q45 differential which I thought would be a short nosed R200. The differential has fins on the output shafts like the picture of an R230 in on of the posts. The posts are confusing. How can I tell the difference?

I called the Infinity dealership. They list only one differential for the Q45. This has an 8 bolt cover. The R230 has a 10. The parts man could not tell me if it was a limited slip. Mine does not have a finned aluminum cover.

Update to my Q45 conversion: It is an LSD. According to Gabriel some Q45s came without outside fins, some did not. Pictures are deceiving. Anyway, I am heading to the UPS store to ship my axles to Gabriel in California and let him do the axle conversion. He says that is real pain without proper tools.

BTW: It takes a 36 MM or, in a pinch, an 1 1/2 standard socket to remove the Q45 spindle nut. I borrowed mine from Autozone ($15) and it won't be going back.

In my many junkyard scavenging experiences, I found that late '95 & on Q45 diffs. came without the 'cooling' fins......

This definitely came from a 2000 model Q45. It looked like the 230 picture, third from the left except it is an 8 bolt. ???????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Well, spoke with Gabriel and placed my order today. I explained that I was in a bit of a time crunch and was assured I would receive everything within 3 weeks, so I should have it installed for the DNI event. :-)

That'll be two of these setups within 40 miles between Rick and I...

I too will be using the Armada R230 diff with a transplanted Z32TT R230 LSD and 2.94 gears...

Well, spoke with Gabriel and placed my order today. I explained that I was in a bit of a time crunch and was assured I would receive everything within 3 weeks, so I should have it installed for the DNI event. :-)

That'll be two of these setups within 40 miles between Rick and I...

I too will be using the Armada R230 diff with a transplanted Z32TT R230 LSD and 2.94 gears...

I am little further northwest of you all in Arkansas and it is cold. The longnose R200 has been holding up, just not the ujoints with slicks. I think the Q45 R200 should be OK. Your post reminds me to check with Gabriel. He should have received my cv axles last Friday. However, I did not try to pin him down on turn around time.

Damn Im' not on here enough lately...

This is simply amazing... I love the design of the rear coilover/axle carrier. That is exactly what we should have instead of stub axles.

Bravo, Techno-Toy! Bravo!!!

Gabe, you got email...

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Q45 mount from Gabe... Work of art, I tell you! Fast service, great customer support, and he answered the phone on the first ring!

Can't wait to see more of his product line hit the market!

mike

Would it be possible to widen the rear track width with this setup? Basically pushing the hub out further from the control arm and strut? mabe lengthening the LCA's, and axels, but keeping the struts in the same position.

Also, would it be a possible option to move the wheels back, centering them in the wheel wells?

I currently have sourced the differential and axels from a Z32TT, what other parts must I source to go along with this kit?

Best Regards,

Justin Olson

Would it be possible to widen the rear track width with this setup? Basically pushing the hub out further from the control arm and strut? mabe lengthening the LCA's, and axels, but keeping the struts in the same position.

Also, would it be a possible option to move the wheels back, centering them in the wheel wells?

I currently have sourced the differential and axels from a Z32TT, what other parts must I source to go along with this kit?

Best Regards,

Justin Olson

Z32TT/Q45 hubs and e-brake components

Z32TT/Q45 hubs and e-brake components

Are the hubs and splines the same for Z32TT and Q45? I have the z32TT diff and axels, but haven't been able to find the hubs and brake setup just yet. If I could source these components from a q45 I'd been in better shape.

Regards,

Justin

For those that know more about suspension geometery,is a longer control arm always better on McPherson strut assemblies? I'd imagine the camber change is less per length of travel with a longer arm.

What if you built a longer control arm, and essentially mounted the control arm directly to the bottom of the hub mounting plate. Here are a couple pictures of what I was thinking:

z32rearhubcarrier1rc9.jpg

z32rearhubcarrier2yo9.jpg

z32rearhubcarrier3ib2.jpg

If this idea is totally dumb please put me in my place :)

Regards,

Justin

Are the hubs and splines the same for Z32TT and Q45? I have the z32TT diff and axels, but haven't been able to find the hubs and brake setup just yet. If I could source these components from a q45 I'd been in better shape.

Regards,

Justin

Hubs are the same (32 spline count on the inside of the hub). Look for posts by JAMIE T in this thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=100758&highlight=q45

Axle shaft lengths might be slightly different but it doesn't matter since they'll be swapped out anyway.

Just got my Q45 mount from Gabe... Work of art, I tell you! Fast service, great customer support, and he answered the phone on the first ring!

Can't wait to see more of his product line hit the market!

mike

Super! I guess its time for me to bug Gabe. I think I was third or forth in line for his conversion kit.

The Q45 hub assembly for Gabe's conversion has the same hub diameter (66.2MM) as the 350Z wheel and I have 4 of those already and spacers are available to negate the positive offset of these wheels. Wheels are wider, abundant and cheap for the Mustang but it has a larger bore (70MM) and the offset is 20-45 MM. I prefer the wheel to be both hub centric and wheel centric rather than rely on lugs alone. Is there such a wheel spacer available?