HybridZ

New CV Joint, Diff conversion, brake swap in the Works!

I really haven't taken the time to add up what the whole setup will cost. I'm sure it won't be "cheap" as there are a lot of components going into a complete setup, but at the same time, we try not to gouge anyone just because we can. This is our full time job, and making an honest living is good enough for us.

No deposits! I don't like to hold onto anyones money unless I can deliver reasonably quickly.

I've got enough materials on hand for 8 of the R200 diff setups, and I think about 2 or 3 of the larger R230 style setups.

I'll keep you posted!

No deposits! I don't like to hold onto anyones money unless I can deliver reasonably quickly.

Smart man. That's a good way to do business. I'm glad you are into making niche parts for niche vehicles like our :2thumbs:

Davy

Sven: I'll have to look into that. We keep pretty much all our products in the lineup in stock at all times. For the S30 we have:

Roll Center Adjusters (bump steer spacers)

TC Rods (caster rods)

Weld in Camber plates (front and rear)

Full front and rear coilovers built to spec

DIY weld in coilover kits

Front and rear strut braces

I think that's about it, but we are always open to product suggestions. If you think there is a need for something and would like to see it made, let us know.

• 1 month later...

That looks good but if you don't mind me saying with all the welding it looks like it would be expensive to make and overly heavy.

For example, with the vertical plate that the hub carrier bolts to I'd use thinner metal and bend the bottom in, rather than weld on an additional piece of metal, the piece at the inner bottom. The bend could then be gusseted.

There are a couple of other things there but one will do for now, best of luck with the venture :)

This setup is really for the cars that are pushing over 400HP, and we expect it to be able to handle the 700HP cars without a problem.

We'd rather overbuild than build adequate parts. Our parts see regular use on Z cars in the East African Rally and on rally cars in the Bahamas.

Just checked myself. I don't believe they are alluminum. I must have been confuzed with the front hubs. They are 4340 billet steel I do believe (thanks fastzcars). In either case, still wondering the same thing. Is the 300zx stuff stronger? If it isn't then that might significantly reduce the appeal of such a kit.