HybridZ

240z 260z 280z S30 Factory Parts List / Parts Catalog

hawaiiz

Sending out a plea for more information

Im looking for a 240z 260z 280z S30 Factory Parts List / Parts Catalog they usually come with illustrations and factory part numbers.

I assume they existed at one time at the datsun dealers parts counter.

Do you have one or know somone who does??

Thanks In advanced. HawaiiZ

The old Microfiche's and Factory Service Manuals are available online for free at Carfiche.com.

Realizing you're new here, please be aware that most everything you could ask has already been asked on this board, therefore, as a general rule of thumb, please use the "search" feature before posting. This same question was asked just yesterday.

Hope it helps,

Warren

All the Nissan Parts dealers now use a CD based Parts Manual. Before that they used the microfiche film cards (slides). You used to be able to order the cards from Nissan (they were only a few bucks a set) but nowadays you have to wait for them to show up on eBay.

The problem with the cards is that you must have a fiche reader to view them. They used to be expensive, but with everyone going digital, you can get a used reader for very cheap. They even make fiche readers that will make paper copies. I used one made by Canon for years.

There were actual books that had the fiche printed out on paper. Since these were the source of the microfiche slides they were the most legible. I have seen two of these (for the S30 series) sell on eBay for well over $100 as they are somewhat rare.

There is the web site mentioned by Warren. However, the quality of their scans is mediocre so it is difficult to tell exactly what some part numbers are. But, I guess you get what you pay for :)

A good friend of mine owns a appliance repair shop, I converted him over to computer 10 years ago, he may still have it.

Or better yet I have a high end consumer grade scanner with full ablilty to scan slides and negatives, I bet I could scan it, clean it up, OCR/PDF it.

Thats what I want a searchable manual and parts list Just like I have for my jeep. Lets chat about it. HawaiiZ

• 2 years later...

Having a serchable parts database isn't much good when the parts aren't available from Nissan any longer.

The system used by the dealers up to around 1990 is available on CD on E-Bay from time to time. JeffP got extremely upset when he found out I had it, because it lets you look across all sorts of cross-platform parts for matches, not just one manual.

It also lists the 'supersceded' number as of 199X, which will get you further going into a dealer than you will with the original number from the original book.

• 10 years later...
On 1/30/2010 at 4:59 AM, Tony D said:

Having a serchable parts database isn't much good when the parts aren't available from Nissan any longer.

The system used by the dealers up to around 1990 is available on CD on E-Bay from time to time. JeffP got extremely upset when he found out I had it, because it lets you look across all sorts of cross-platform parts for matches, not just one manual.

It also lists the 'supersceded' number as of 199X, which will get you further going into a dealer than you will with the original number from the original book.

do you still have this list and can you share?