HybridZ

My cheep body work.

nbesheer

Well I got in an accident a while back and I finally pounded the dent out which was about the size of a can of vegetables. and then it started to rust so I had to primer it so instead of having primer spots on my car I made this design which I think looks cool just until I get the money for real body work.

103_0565.jpg

103_0564.jpg

I didn't have any before pictures, maybe I should invest in a camera. But what do you guys think ?

Well I don't really have money or know how to do body work. And I just needed to keep it from rusting is all, I didn't mind the dent that much to begin with let alone now. But yeah There is another place above the wheel well that needs work too where the paint is chipped (I got mad and punched it) so this is just temp work.

It kind of reminds me of the old mopar cars.

Guest TeamNissan

Ow come on dont let that stop you, the design looks good. Just look online for bondo instructions and repaint, have it looking great again in no time.

Remember you cant mess up with bondo, too much and you sand, too little and you add.

And a gallon of decent bondo is only 20 bucks.

The paint is probably lacquer, which means its not very protective of the elements. You should remove that and sand down the area. You can apply several thin coats of bondo (ps, you don't need to buy a whole gallon...) and sand it smooth with 80, 120 and 240 grit paper. Then go to a real automotive paint store. They can match the color code of the car and give you an aerosol can with the paint pre-mixed inside. You'll have a few hours to a day to use it from the time they mix it. They'll also be able to sell you a compatible primer. Sand the primer with 400 grit wet, then spray your color. Its not cheap but its the right way to do things. If you take your time and you're careful, you won't be able to tell the car was repaired.

The whole point of doing this was because I didn't have money and it cost me $0.00 to do what I did so there was no bare metal sitting on the side of my car. I will get it done right when I have the time and money to do it.

Guest TeamNissan

I understand the money thing, I really do lol. I'm just saying for 20 bucks you could have it looking pretty damn good. I don't know why mike went so far with it, maybe he didn't read the previous posts.