HybridZ

all CF rx-7, only 1950 pounds

Guest Death69

I have never seen the CF car but I used to watch him race the 3 rotor RX7 here in SD all the time. That car was crazy fast and used to beat most carts. The guy is a very talented driver, but he also has a lot of resources that most others don't, just to give you a hint his father races a gutted and lightened Ferrari in SCCA SU class.

Having seen his orriginal RX7 in person and seeing him drive it I am not suprised at all about his CF RX7 and I am sure the pictures do not do it justice.

Dragonfly

A tube framed chassis with a carbon fiber body that weighs 1,950 lbs is a heavy car for something that's supposed to be an unlimited build. The SCCA GT2 spec for a rotary powered RX7 (FC/FD) is 1,980 lbs - and that's WITH driver. Most of those cars are fiberglass bodied.

That is as much of a RX-7 as NASCAR Impalas, Fusions, and Camrys are.

I don't know about that. Seems to me in the previous pics that it still had the stock tub and strut tower locations and most (all?) of the stock control arms, they were just modded on. I think it's a little less RX7 than 74_5.0L_Z's car is Z car. There is a skin on the NASCARs that vaguely resembles the original vehicle, but I think this one actually uses quite a few parts from the original...

Guest TeamNissan

That was by no means a response to your post hoov, I wouldnt mind seeing a lsx in there either :-). That said......

I just don't like the way mazda went with a 2 rotor turbo whent hey could have easily had a n/a 3 rotor do the same. Maybe it was a balance issue or something?

I'm still waiting to see a 6 rotor lol. Those engines are like legos, Idk why no one has done it.