HybridZ

Show your Z car sketches/drawings/ideas/off-the-wall stuff

OlderThanMe

I figured after 200 posts in "MY" s30 drawing thread, I'd like to see what other sketches/drawings/ideas people have come up with for their Z car.

This is open to pretty much anything you want to post. Z car or not.

Off the wall ideas like Veritech-Z's NES Z31 are what I'd like to see.

Even if it's not a Z car but it has a cool bodykit, cool vents, wheels, exhaust, or whatever...this is the place.

I'll start off with this one I did yesterday and today.

Sort of a tank/airplane/madmax/late night crazy idea.

The motor would be an 1986-87 Buick LC2 3.8 liter turbo V6... Making lots of power of course.

And VERY aerodynamic... :-P

Tube on drivers side of the hood is intake intercooled air with a recirculation bypass valve on top. There is also a boost gauge mounted there.

Then near the front on the passenger side of the hood bulge is the turbo cover. Hole in front of the hood bulge is the air intake.

b94580949.jpg

Its not done yet...I'll get a good scan when I am done.

Still have to do the wheels, more detail on the front end, and some more shading.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JKNC90: That sounds cool! I'd like to see it!

Vintage: Nice! I absolutely can't do freehand without at least a few refrence points. Looks good!!!

I usually get about 10-15 refrence points from a photo and then the wheels. Most of those are for the roof and windshield and then for the front edges of the hood. Most of the car is freehand once I get the wheels, hood, and roof sketched.

Then I can freehand.

well... my 280zx with the rear window delete getting rid of that horrible pillar cover... also has deleted door handles, widebody kit... i believe it was mikelly that photoshopped the pic for me based on different ideas i had... totally changes to look of the zx.. small pic is on my signature i'll post larger pic if i have time to upload it. **the image is not my car. its a photoshopped image of someone elses ZX**

Looking really good OTM! I like it. I've been working on a 240sx with some retro features (zg flares, external oil cooler, and a BRE style spook like the one I think Mike KZ has on his car) for a guy on www.japanesenostalgiccar.com, but I haven't gotten anywhere with it. Also I started mocking up my intercooler plumbing today to make less work for myself this weekend. You think that your hood in the drawing is crazy, just wait until you see my top mount, front scooped intercooler! I think I'll photoshop it together so you guys can get the idea. You want me to post the NES Z31 here, too? If not, too bad, cause here it is:

z31nes.jpg

For those that didn't get the explanation on the other thread I posted this to, this car is themed like an 8-bit NES console, charcoal at the bottom and bone at the top. The Nissan Turbo on the back is written in the Nintendo font, and there is a skyline R32 tail lamp assembly on the right to simulate the buttons, while the left has a d-pad shadowed in. This would work on pretty much any car from the 80's, but I think a Z31, Celica Supra, or Starion would be able to pull it off best. Or maybe an S12 200sx...

(also, this was totally freehand...eat your heart out OTM! I did use a picture to look at, but no tracing)

OTM, I did that as a quickie about a year ago, you should see what I could bang out if I sat down and worked on one for about 10-12 hours. Easiest way to learn freehand, in my opinion, is to just stare at your car. I have honestly sit in a chair and stared at my '75 from one angle for a solid 45 minutes.

I should really do some more drawings to post up..

z31nes.jpg

FTW!!!

I LOVE that!

Theres a kid across the street with an 86 300ZX that has the hood, headlights, and front clip from an 87+ on it. The overall effect is fantastic, it is really the best of all worlds of Z31 if you ask me..

BTW, veritech.. I think that is the only time I have seen a skyline style tail light on a Z and not found it inappropriate.

Max/Veritech-Z,

(Max wanted to put my Frontier (ZG-ish) flares on a Z)

There is a very good reason why the frontier flares won't work on a car. The inner diameter on the frontier flare canfit up to about a 32" tire. Putting a 25" tire inside that would look rediculous I think. Now if someone made a downsized frontier flare I'd be all for it...

I'm running 265/75r15 tires in the frontier with PLENTY of clearance and 225/60r15 in my Z and they are way big nearly touching the lower bottom of the rear flares.

It is still a cool idea if someone made downsized Frontier flares...

Here is my truck...

m62810495.jpg

m62811911.jpg

Did I bring that up again? Oh, you must have gone to the JNC thread where I was trying to convince that guy to put them on his 240sx...It's just such a cool flare, I think somebody ought to do something with it. I used to have some 83 Celica Supra flares, and they fit pretty well if you put the back ones on the front and vice-versa. I only had one side though, and could never find a match before I lost interest.

Yeah I like the flare too. It is soo much better than the 2000-2003 Frontier flares that stick straight out right above the wheel.

It just needs to be downsized.

And I did look at the jnc thread...:-P

The Frontier flare bolt covers are really cool. You could get them from a junkyard or from Nissan and use them on some regular ZG flares that would cover up the mounting bolts.