HybridZ

MSA's Euro Dampner?? Bah! Check this out!

bubbleguinea

So for those who had Nissan's comp dampner, the euro one...i think we all know there was some guy selling ones on ebay a while back...powerforce was it???

well they went on backorder for a long time, now low and behold MSA is selling them for $120.....

well.....

where i work, we deal with American Performance and look what just came in the door from the UPS guy!!!!

n23206849_32116750_388.jpg

n23206849_32116751_640.jpg

now, how much did it cost me??? $55 + shipping to the store with my discount. how much do we sell them to walkins?? $85

now---i can order as many as i want, this is the exact same part MSA sells...part numbers match and everything...

IF INTERESTED....contact me via PM or email....ive had such a hard time recently finding these, and i cant believe we deal with this company, i had no idea till i was going through some paperwork!!!

im not trying to sell or anything, im just letting people know i can (and will) give my discount to those if they need this pulley...

cant wait to mount it...the brochure that comes with it says its good to 7500 RPM....they spun it at that for 1 hour...so it passed....

cant wait to install!

What's the difference between the PowerForce and the PowerForce+Plus?
According to their web site, the PowerForce is made of iron, the +Plus is made of steel.

I browsed their web site looking for RPM limits and found the following information as posted here: http://www.professional-products.com/PDF%20Instructions/General%20Damper%20Instr.%20REV1.pdf Couldn't find any other info regarding rev limits.

SAFE REV LIMITS

#90000 Series Dampers = 10,000 rpm

#80010 Damper = 10,000 rpm

All other #80000 Series Dampers = 6,500 rpm

FWIW

one more thing, im going to post this here as well as zcar.com:

ok guys!!! jeeze!!!

first off...got to put out a disclaimer!!!

im not trying to make any profit on this what-so-ever...just a little FYI

i called up american today...and talked to a rep...a few interesting things happened :wink:

a. they are "out again" on the 80055 dampner....they will be in stock shorty

b. they have PLEANTY of the 90055 dampners, which are the 10k + high RPM dampners....

now...once again, my STORE'S prices are as follows:

$56 PER PULLEY (80055)

$8 to ship to my store

$154 PER PULLEY (90055)

$8 to ship to my store

the more pulleys ordered, the less it would cost to ship to store per pulley...

sooo......

ive got to figure out how to do this...i can't order 20 pulleys at a time....so just try to stay in contact with me via email, facebook, AIM and i will get done what i can get done....ive got 100 other things im doing at the same time...to start off, im going to go ahead and order 5 or the 80055 pulleys and 2 90055 pulleys tomorrow at work.

Once again, i am making NO profit off of these pulleys, and i have no intention to.

This is a great deal but unfortunatley I need two grooves on my damper instead of the default single groove.

This is from Powerforce website:

"The front of the pulley has two tapped holes that would allow special fabricated pulleys to be adapted to the front of the damper if needed for additional accessory drives."

Has anyone fabricated a second pulley yet?

Does anyone know why they make it in a 6.9" diameter? I just measured, and a 240 comes in at 5", 280 at 6.25". why would they design it to be larger in diameter then either of these? I'm concerned that any weight savings will be offset by overdriving the accessories. what's the deal?

http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeApeRacing/tech/dampers.pdf

its a link to a pdf file, so it will take adobe to read it.. clicking this one might be simpler, its the index of tech articles.

http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeApeRacing/tech/index.cfm

The purpose of a harmonic balancer (properly termed a "torsional damper") is explained there wonderfully thoroughly, thanks to tonyd for pointing me towards the link.