HybridZ

Which Is The Better Turbo Header? Pics

Guys...in your opinion which is the better Turbo header?

1) The blue one is the SFP Manifold

2) The other is a classic old skool Greddy piece.

Both are well designed and will be a huge improvement over stock but what are your thoughts?

261382709.jpg

261382706.jpg

261382701.jpg

261382721.jpg

261382715.jpg

Thanks and regards - Yasin

Guest 280ZForce

I say #2, but that's just my opinion cuz I like GReddy products and I think it looks to be more tubular and closer to equal length than the SFP deal.

Guest 280ZForce
I know the SFP manifold is for a left-hand drive US Z model cars, but what about the Greddy manifold? Is it only for right-hand drive Z model cars? That is what I would like to know.

I use a GReddy turbo manifold, it looks different than that 1 though and fiits on my US s30 just fine when it was made and used only in Japan years ago.

This 1 does have different turbo placement than mine though. Mine is more dead on center of the manifold.

How much are you guys looking to spend? Ive got a freind that makes tubular manifolds out of 304 SS. he charges $575 for a 4 cylinder, so Id imagine a 6 would be right around the 750 mark. Here is what his manifold looks like. this is the picture off of his website and Ive seen thes in person, they are VERY well made and beautifully constructed.

Snake.jpg

How much are you guys looking to spend? Ive got a freind that makes tubular manifolds out of 304 SS. he charges $575 for a 4 cylinder, so Id imagine a 6 would be right around the 750 mark. Here is what his manifold looks like. this is the picture off of his website and Ive seen thes in person, they are VERY well made and beautifully constructed.

Snake.jpg

that nice what you friends website woud he be instrested in making a set for sbc ?

according to maximum boost by corkey bell the old rustic looking one is far more superior for one, the reason stated before, wastegate placement. and for two, each cylinder has it's own tube until the collector. the newer, darker colored header will build up much more heat due to the way cylinders 1,2,4 all collect into the same tube before the collector.