HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Some updated pics of mine:

Enjoy and regards - Yasin

Very nice!! I haven't seen your car in years. What intake do you have on there?

Well I've been on this board forever, but I don't think I've posted pics of my zx yet. It's been through several changes, mostly dealing with the wheel/tire combo (thanks to the giant potholes that appear on the freeways after the rain here in Cali, I15->I8 merger FTL). Here's the current setup:

I just got my Z back up and running after blowing a headgasket back in April. I'm so glad to be driving my Z again rather than the 510!

John, as always very nice!!

Very nice!! I haven't seen your car in years. What intake do you have on there?

Custom, one off piece made by JamieT who used to be a "regular" on here (fabricator, builder, all around great guy). Throttle body is a 67mm BMW 735i.

Thanks for the compliments.

Regards - Yasin

hey whats up im Wil im from Ohio currently in Pa and just bought my first Z's. one is a parts car and one is the runner. i will post pics of both Z's. its rough but shes beautiful to me and definitely has potential.. she runs great though.....especially for having 242k :D

the blue ones the parts car. it looks good but its worse than it seems...

z_thumb.JPG

z3_thumb.JPG

zx4_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm in. I got my 280Zx about 5 months ago for $500.00 It has carried me to work faithfully since then but I have many aspirations for this car and I want to keep it clean in appearance. It's a '79 coupe from California, and I am battling the previous owners tinkerings as far as wiring goes. I would post some pics but I dont know how to downsize images so that they will fit in the forums limitations.

Anyways, there are some really nice S130's here that give me motivation to keep at it. So far I have replaced the stock brakes with drilled/ slotted rotors and rebuilt the calipers. Put in a new MAF, new plugs wires and distributer cap/rotoary clip,new radiator hoses, thermostat and housing, new battery, new clutch/pressure plate had the flywheel turned and have new energy suspension bushings on order. After that I'll got with new shocks and springs. My overall plan is to finish the braking/suspension aspects then go to engine setup and finish off with the looks.

Hello all, Im in AR and a few years ago purchased what used to be the family Z from a friend. It's a silver 79 2+2 RHD 5 spd. It ran good so anyone needing the L28 send me a message since I pulled it out and dropped in a SR20. The SR makes the Z a whole lot of fun now and a Mustang dyno showed 240 hp and 260 tq. I have a few parts I can sell and a few I need, for now though I'm looking to swap in a Z31 LSD unit and CV's. I read the lengthy write up and to me it seemed like there would be no issues but most of the comments were geared at S30's. I think I might also get those motorsport 5 lug snub axles...any thoughts? BTW how can I tell if a Z31 diff is an LSD by markings? Did all Z31 turbos have LSD? Hope to see some of you someday on the road or track...Sam

'81 280ZX here(stock). First Z car for me, am really impressed by all the photos posted buy fellow owners hope mine will someday live up. Pics will be posted soon (tho currently she aint much to look at). Hopefully a lil time and serious attention will it worthy of being posted with all yours.