HybridZ

Skyline R200 question

deja

I have a R32 GT-R rear diff and half shafts. They are the 6 bolt evenly spaced half shafts on the inboard end, and the splined stub axle on the outer end.

I have removed the diff stub shafts and compared them to a regular long nose R200's diff stub shafts, and they are different spline count (smaller). So, to be able to use the R200 CLSD carrier out of the short nose GT-R diff, you must use the diff stub shafts that come with it, or find a pair of larger spline count diff stubs from another LSD (maybe VLSD stubs?)

The easy way to use the R32 GT-R short nose CLSD is to make a diff nose mount to accept the short nose diff, then do the modern motor sport R230 axles (since they are for the 6 evenly spaced bolt pattern, same as R32 GT-R short nose CLSD).

Now, do I have you nice and confused.... :hs:

What about the r31's long nose r200's they are all over the place now. No one know what axle set up is needed?

Shortnose R200 will take a standard 29 spline output shaft, unless its the VLSD which requires the oddball 30 spline CV from the 88 SS. Arizona Z Car used to sell the longnose Skyline diffs. I don't think they ever came with the VLSD, I think they came with the CLSD and 4.37 gears.

I have a R32 GT-R rear diff and half shafts. They are the 6 bolt evenly spaced half shafts on the inboard end, and the splined stub axle on the outer end.

I have removed the diff stub shafts and compared them to a regular long nose R200's diff stub shafts, and they are different spline count (smaller). So, to be able to use the R200 CLSD carrier out of the short nose GT-R diff, you must use the diff stub shafts that come with it, or find a pair of larger spline count diff stubs from another LSD (maybe VLSD stubs?)

The easy way to use the R32 GT-R short nose CLSD is to make a diff nose mount to accept the short nose diff, then do the modern motor sport R230 axles (since they are for the 6 evenly spaced bolt pattern, same as R32 GT-R short nose CLSD).

Now, do I have you nice and confused.... :hs:

Yeah mostly lost in translation . I dont get the

to use the R32 GT-R short nose CLSD is to make a diff nose mount to accept the short nose diff
part but the rest seems easy its to use the Q45 axel mutants and use that instead ...:ugg:

Ran across these in my never ending search for a R200 CLSD for my Lt1/t56 76 280Z

EBay Item #230152935840 for a 4.375:1 LSD. It looks like a long nose R200 but I never knew there was an S30 Skyline??? Maybe an R30??

Is this too low for my T56? Still available on Ebay

Ebay Item #230152939369 for a 3.9 to 1 LSD again it looks a little different but hard to tell from the 1 picture, again the S30 Skyline??

Didn't sell I may contact the owner if it is swappable.

Are either one of these an easy swap?

or are these not compatable.

Thanks,

Greg

Well the bidders are coming out already. Anybody know anything about these diffs?

I don't have the money to take a chance if it won't fit.

I would hate to have blown this chance to get an CLSD

Appreciate any assistance or if someone can direct me to another site on the web to get info on these diffs?

Thanks,

Greg

You would also need to address the huge drive shaft/ pinion flange that comes on that diff...

Joel, i have one of these GT-R diffs, do you know if you can use the pinion flange the way it is, or does it have to be replaced with something of smaller dimensions??

Cheers, Clint

Yep.... thats the pinion flange I also have on my R200 CLSD GT-R diff.

I haven't tried to use it yet, so can't answer your question, except to say I've read some where that a regular pinion flange is avail to fit it. Where to buy it, I'd have to try and find that info again. :cry:

EDIT: found the pic of the replacment pinion flange needed for the R230, I'm sure this will also work on the GT-R R200 > flange1ek8.th.jpg

Or, I suppose that OEM pinion flange could be used, if you were to get the matching drive shaft flange off the GT-R D/S and have it put on your drive shaft??

Yep.... thats the pinion flange I also have on my R200 CLSD GT-R diff.

I haven't tried to use it yet, so can't answer your question, except to say I've read some where that a regular pinion flange is avail to fit it. Where to buy it, I'd have to try and find that info again. :cry:

EDIT: found the pic of the replacment pinion flange needed for the R230, I'm sure this will also work on the GT-R R200 > flange1ek8.th.jpg

Or, I suppose that OEM pinion flange could be used, if you were to get the matching drive shaft flange off the GT-R D/S and have it put on your drive shaft??

Yes, i have the OEM GTR driveshaft, so was planning on using the end of that.

Cheers.