HybridZ

Dyno Results

So here's the results of my dyno run this morning.

570Z_Dyno.jpg?5169

Not exactly what I hoped for, but not too shabby. I have plenty of Torque, close to 400 ft/lbs, but I was hoping for 400 hp as well.

I still have a stumble under load that's really causing me a lot of frustration. Every time I think I have it solved, it's not. Since I don't know what the problem is I don't know if it's affecting my numbers, but it sure does affect driving it on the street.

Guest 280ZForce

you know with all the work you have in those heads and the cam setup, you have to have more power to be unleashed there. Maybe just needs some tuning or something.

It was nice getting to see your car on the dyno, I'll upload the vids as soon as I can for ya. It all happened so fast, The 1st 2 runs I didn't even know they were starting, they dont give you any heads up or any time to check the results of the previous run. It's just wham bam thank you mam. They floor the gas pedal, let the rpm come down, floor it again and etc.

So here's the results of my dyno run this morning.

570Z_Dyno.jpg

Not exactly what I hoped for, but not too shabby. I have plenty of Torque, close to 400 ft/lbs, but I was hoping for 400 hp as well.

I still have a stumble under load that's really causing me a lot of frustration. Every time I think I have it solved, it's not. Since I don't know what the problem is I don't know if it's affecting my numbers, but it sure does affect driving it on the street.

Bartman, if that is basically a 5.7 liter (same as a 350) NA then those numbers are quite good I think. Hell thats 383 numbers for RWHP! I think ZFAN is running those numbers on his 383 build and runs 10s in the 1320! Not bad at all.

TErry

The HP numbers are good, and the torque numbers are excellent. I especially like how the torque curve is nice and broad. The only reason I was hoping for more is because the guy that sold me the head and cam package claimed it would be good for at least 400 to the wheels.

The stumble problem is really bugging me. It's been a fairly consistent problem the whole time I've had the engine...and it sounds like it was a problem for Tim240z when he had the engine as well. There's been a lot of modifications (heads, cam, roller rockers, etc.) as well as replacement of wires, sensors, etc; but the problem remains. I'm just about ready to bring it somewhere to see what they can do with it, although I think it would just cost me lots of money with no results.

Who makes that cam? Is the idle pretty decent? I think I'm going to be pretty dissapointed when I finally take mine to the dyno and a cam swap is what I will be looking at. You're seems to be a pretty decent sized cam and I would think there's some more power to be had with more tuning.

Guy

i think i would be happy with those numbers already myself...thats a pretty high 350 lt1 hp...i seen 383s with the same amount of hp...nice numbers bart...i think with any higher than that, youll be doing cicles at the autocross...

Those numbers look pretty good to me. I certainly understand your frustration with the stumbling. You may be right, it might be cheaper in the long run to take it somewhere for diagnostics. That's assuming you can find someone with enough knowledge to find the problem.

I've got most of the spec's listed on my web site: http://mysite.verizon.net/ress1lhb/barts570z/id6.html

My post #8 in this thread give more detailed spec's on the head and cam

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=110004

I think the package is good, I just think there's some other problem(s) occurring.

I found one of my own old threads where I was discussing the stumbling problem, and jbc3 posted up some good information in post #17.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112990

I'm going to investigate further based on his recommendations...specifically looking for vacuum leaks.

Bart,

Those are some nice numbers!!

I'm going to have to see if I can get my dyno graph scanned in so you all can compare them.

My torque starts out at about 270-275 and peaks at 307 at almost the same RPM as yours. But my HP doesn't peak until almost 5900-6000 RPM.

I only made 274 at the rear wheels but the curve is much flatter than yours.

My iron headed LT1 is pretty much stock except for the cam and high rev valve springs. Just shows what these LT1s can do with minimal upgrades.

Edit: Here is the scan of my dyno run. The scales for the hp and torque are not lined up, thats why the lines don't cross at 5250 RPM.

dynorun1.jpg

Wheelman