HybridZ

Beware of unlimited products..!

bobbyc

here's my story...none if it is fictitious.

called unlimited products early in june to order a hood for my 240z. wait time for hood to be made was about 3 weeks. hood was mailed through a company called old dominion...hood arrived with no damage on friday, july 6, 2007. i received the hood while i was on my way out the door, i checked for damage, saw there was none, put it in the garage and headed off to work. later that night i came home and pulled it out...eager to see the fiberglass hood on my car...i pull it outof the box to see this.

RobbieJune2007004-1.jpg

RobbieJune2007002-1.jpg

RobbieJune2007001-1.jpg

i called them up to let them know that someone had butchered the hood when it was trimmed off the mold. they told me that they don't receive links to pictures or attachments in their email. i would have to take picturs..have them printed and mail them off, and mailed through USPS. i said ok, took pictures, went to walmart, paid the 3 bux to have a few pix printed off and dropped a letter in with the pics to explain each pic and the problemsi had. i dropped the pics and letter in the mail july 9, 2007. it took two weeks for them to get the pictures, i didn't request it to be certified (foolish, didn't think it would be such a hassle) so i can't blame usps or the company. on july 23, 2007 i call up and they say they have the pictures and the owner has to look over the pictures and this could take another one to two weeks. at this point i'm slightly annoyed but let it go...they say they will call when they come to a decision. monday, july 30, 2007 i call the office again to see if they had a chance to look over the pictures and they say they have, and the resolution offered was to have me ship the hood back with my own money, after they get an invoice for shipping i will get refunded the return shipping, and the price of the hood, but was told i would lose the initial $157 it cost to ship the hood to me. i let them know there is no way i am going to lose ~$160 because of a product they shipped me that was not up to par with the expectations they set in the company credo. i offered to let them make another hood and ship that out...they can create a call tag for the hood, or even pay the shipping company and i will drop the hood off at that location, she said she would have to talk to the manager. i call back today august 1, 2007 to see what the manager said. i was told that they could not ship out another hood and they do not create call tags or pay for return shipping. i gave another reasonable option, they refund me the original shipping cost, the exact same amount they would lose if i were to ship it back, and i would keep the hood....i'm out, their out, we met in the middle. they do not refund shipping cost. i told them that instead of lookin at it was a refund for shipping, look at it as a partial refund for a subpar hood that slipped through their quality control. they don't give refunds on equipment. i was then notified that the only way they were willing to do anything was if i would front another 160 to ship it back. only at that point would they make me another hood, they think this damage could have been caused by me. i then asked what as the point of me sending pictures at all if the problems depicted don't amount to anything affirmative as to the quality of their product. THE OTHER OPTION THEY GAVE ME WAS TO BUY ANOTHER HOOD! everytime i call the manager is out of the office. he will be back tomorrow and i told her to leave him a message saying i would be contacting him tomorrow. its safe to say i will never purchase another product from them.

sorry....i'm just pissed at their idea of a resolution. i'd expect more from a company to lay claims to customers agreeing that fit and finish is the best with their product...the just basically told me ...sorry we sent out crap...you're gonna have to eat the $160 shipping cost because of it.

I just picked up a 4" cowl hood from them for my brother's 86 mustang yesterday, and I got to tell you, the hood looked flawless (small scratches, no biggie). But yes my brother and I were a bit skeptical because we have heard from numerous people that their product sucked and vice versa. He decided to take a plunge at it and order one. Hood came out O.K and my brother is extremely happy.

Overall I think it just depends on who's doing their quality control at the time. My $0.02.

SAM

i think its pretty dumb to have a customer ship back a hood at his own expense and get the hood cost back. that would totally piss anyone off. if they want you to ship that one back, they should have refund your full amount back with shiping cost at their own expense due to their non quality parts. its customer satisfaction right!

i recieve a crappy msa style air dam from one of the members here that molds them from fiberglass himself. it did not fit at all and when you pull it to bolt it to each fender, the fiberglass is about to break and doesnt reach and the spoiler itself it 1/2 inch shorter on each side. i force the crap out of it and called it a day. i didnt want any problems, so i kept the crappy air dam.

hopefully you get a better quality hood and everything works out good. goodluck.

I feel you anger. I would call your credit card company, or debit card if it backed by Visa or MC. They are much easier to deal with. I've had to do it twice due to businesses that had a hard time crediting me back and another that just couldn't ship and wouldn't refund me. The credit card company will side with you, especially if you have pics. They'll ask for dates on when you talked to them and sent them mail so have that ready. Don't let it go past 90 days either or you'll be out of luck.

:) Contact the Better Business Office in thier town. Also contact the shipper of the part. Inform them about the part and what condiition it is in. The BBO should contact the company for you and find out why they are moving so slow (it will go on their record as a problem against them) . You have so much time after shipment for return of product. Keep a record of all you have done to this point to include all phone calls and mail. Also contact your credit card company (inform them about the problem)and place a hold on payment until some thing is done. Good Luck, Rich.

Always check the BBB.org site before buying from an unknown or questionable company. They've received a rating of "F" from the BBB. This is actually the first company I've seen with an "F" rating. That's really really bad.

Here's the link:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13202750