HybridZ

1974 260Z track car. Ground Up.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I weighed the flywheel that was on the 6L and the F1 lightweight flywheel that I got.

LS7 flywheel = 26lbs.

F1 lightweight = 15lbs.

Problem.. LS7 clutch doesn't bolt up to the LS1/LS6 lightweight flywheel..

DAMN IT.. looks like I'll be buying a clutch.. Or maybe having to get a LS7 flywheel, because I don't know how well a LS6 clutch will hold up to ~500hp.

Okay.. well I'm hoping I can exchange it for a LS7 aluminum fidanza flywheel.. super.. and guess what.. it weighs 13lbs!! omg.

I'm not really sure..

It has the motor mounts and a transmission cross member which makes it ready to have an LS1/LS6 and T56 dropped in.. Actually the motor mounts will fit any Gen III style V8. It has the sub frame boxed in. Also has an auto power roll bar.

Get back to me, make an offer..

I do also have the 240Z dash, with the vin tag, and title.

• 2 weeks later...

brembo.jpg

Here's what I just bought, only 1 caliper, have to find another one somewhere. Hopefully I can get these to work for the front. It came with 3.5" lug mount adapters.

These are from the Nascar Busch racing series. Rear brake calipers, I want to use them on the front's. They are titanium 4 piston 26/30mm pistons. What do you guys think?

I found that these are XA3.G2 brake calipers.

MSRP each is 762$, wow.. I hope I can find another one on Ebay.

Now I need to find a brake rotor that puts me in the general area..

I need a 4 bolt, 10.9-12.3" dia rotor, that's 24-25mm (1") thick. The caliper also has a spacer, so I might be able to go 1.25". I think the 300ZX rotor is about that size, but it is 5 bolt. Hummm..

Tech specs.

https://www.hrpworld.com/client_images/ecommerce/client_39/products/pdf_882_1.pdf

4 piston 26/30mm pistons.

Not enough piston area for the fronts. Typical front piston area is 150 to 175mm which balances well with the typical rear piston area of 100 to 115mm. You've got 112mm in front which would require something around a 75mm rear piston area. I doubt you'll fine any caliper that has a 75mm total piston area and even if you did, your brakes are going to suck big time.

Edited by johnc

It would work fine with a triple master cylinder pedal assembly. Just need to get the correct pad pressure. You can calculate the correct master cylinder size front and rear once you select a rear caliper.

Who makes those radial to 3.5" adapters? I'd like to run some radial calipers...

Brembo makes the radial adapters. P/N 80.040

Check out how big these brakes are.. The rear disc adapters that I have are 4.5" bolt spacing.. So I can't mount it for giggles.

I do wan't to make a mount, and I will probably try to mount it radially.

brembo001.jpg

brembo002.jpg

I found it in my garage attic when I bought my house. I left the garage door open, and it was probably about 35*, so it ran in looking for warmth. I just call it cat.

I'm bidding on a set of Brembo 4 piston front calipers.. 38/44mm pistons.

This is starting to get expensive.. ohh the project already is expensive.. now 2000$ calipers!! I can't believe someone could charge 2100$ for 1 caliper.. madness.. but, used is the way to go.

I guess I'm going to have to make some radial caliper mounts.. any input!?

how much rust is on the 240 shell?

Not to hijack but possibly between his shell (and overall condition) and the car down my way in Janesville (going for $400) you might have 1 or 2 complete 240z's depending on whatever you have on hand :D

I keep checking for updates hoping to see more but realize that everyone works at their own pace. Someone be his patron and send him large sums of $ please so 88 can just work on the track car! :)

Let me know when you take this eventual beast to Road America or Blackhawk!