HybridZ

Datsun Z's, 454's, and Sportmax 002's Oh My...

Speaking from experience, be careful with dips in the road:mrgreen:

I've already rolled the fender lips and it rarely rubs now when its just me in the car.

When I have a guy my size in the car with me (I am 250 lbs) it rubs more often.

I am currently running Suspension Techniques 280z springs (they are gray colored), their tech line says they are 182 lbs/inch rate which I am not sure I believe due to the rear being pretty bouncy, althought that may be a strut issue too.

You have the same springs, correct? Do you think they have a 182 lbs rate?

So, I am going to invest in some aftermarket struts, prob Illumina's on 4 or 5 setting and see if that keeps it from bouncing.

Some guys on here think that the Illumina's should solve my issues.

If that doesn't fix it I guess I'll be switching to coilovers.

Time will tell.

Car looks good, I've seen those same wheels somewhere?:icon5:

Yup, you an Ryan were the prime reason I bought these rims in the color and size.

Just think, when you see vids of my little Z breaking into the 9's, you guys can sit back and say "that guy stole my wheels!!". ;)

I've already rolled the fender lips and it rarely rubs now when its just me in the car.

When I have a guy my size in the car with me (I am 250 lbs) it rubs more often..

Yeah, my rubbing is more of a problem when/if I have a passenger. Most people around here don't want to ride in a car with no A/C, but I can't really blame them.

I am currently running Suspension Techniques 280z springs (they are gray colored), their tech line says they are 182 lbs/inch rate which I am not sure I believe due to the rear being pretty bouncy, althought that may be a strut issue too.

You have the same springs, correct? Do you think they have a 182 lbs rate?

Yeah, i'm also using the Suspension Techniques springs for a 280 on my 240 and my 280. I've heard the same on rates.

So, I am going to invest in some aftermarket struts, prob Illumina's on 4 or 5 setting and see if that keeps it from bouncing.

Some guys on here think that the Illumina's should solve my issues.

I've heard the same and know of a few cars that this was done on. They've said with the setting on 4 or 5, you don't get the scrubbing unless you hit the more serious dips at higher speeds. I've seen this on a car with 17's (a member here) and on a local guy's car running 15x8s. I'll be getting them for my 240 soon.

If that doesn't fix it I guess I'll be switching to coilovers.

Time will tell.

I'm planning coilovers for my 280 already. My 240 sits higher, so it's not as big of a problem.

Again, car looks great and happy to know I had a little influence:mrgreen:

Good eyes!! They are 245/50/16 (25.7" tall) Kumho AST's on Sportmax 002, 16x8's, +0mm offset, etc...

Project BBZ, did you use 245/50/16's all around or only in the rear? Difficult to tell from the picture but it looks like you did.

Thanks