HybridZ

sandblasting

ORANGEZ

I checked around and I got estimates for sandblasting with protective epoxy primer application. The estimates were around $1800.

I decided to do it myself. Sandblasting will leave the caulking still stuck in the seams. There is still a great deal of work to get it all out. I picked and scraped the caulking out then I cleaned up the crumbs and the rust in between the panels with a home sandblaster. It only takes a dozen bags of blasting media(less if you recover and reuse), to clean up any areas you can't easily strip with conventional methods.

You won't get the "inbetween" areas properly cleaned with a typical sandblasting job on the cheap. They are not likely to remove all of the media that gets stuck in the framerails. I just decided that I was the only person who could actually do any good with a sandblaster, the body shops were going to charge top dollar for a job that would still need a lot of work.

You can actually choose to leave the original paint in areas that would be hard to respray.... if you do this job yourself.

I got mine done for 225$.. they missed a lot of small places, but the bulk of it got blasted. This allowed me to start doing body work, and after it is finished it will be blasted again anyway, and I will make sure those spots are hit for sure.

Also, that is just for the body on a trunnion, the fenders/hood/doors/misc parts are yet to be blasted.

Hey, I see your face lives in Oshkosh too.. cool.. anyways.

The place is called Emerich MFG INC. (920) 921-9630. They are East of Fon du Lac. They still haven't finished all the stuff I took them. And They use sand. And WTF, they should hire someone with 20/20 vision to do the blasting.

Monkey where did you get it blasted and was it media or sand? Thanks