HybridZ

Project unnatural aspiration Part 2

stony

Yea it’s got rather large cams. See signature for specs.

Also IT sounds much angrier at higher boost levels. You can almost not hear the waste gate open at the current settings. But at 25 PSI it freaking screams!!!!

I also didn’t realize the tires balloon as much as they do till I watch the video. Can’t feel the rise in the car.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found the main power cable off the on off switch loose. You could slide the cable back and forth on the stud.

Before was only getting 11.8 volts at the Vpro now we get 13.5... Should be good to go!!!!

Well talked with ATI today and sent of my converter to get restalled. Should get it back by the time i get back from eielson mid july. I feels good now that we are all on the same page on what the stall should be. It's stalling on the transbrake at 3500!!! needs to be 5500 atleast. launcing off the trans brake gets zero boost and It's an absolute slug

• 3 weeks later...

All right now we are talking. The new converter is installed and well there is a noticeable difference.

Before i could, with ease, foot brake the car and it would not even budge. NOW no matter how hard i try i cant keep the car from moving. and this is with the intercooler piping not installed!!!! NOW to hook up the trans brake again and and intercooler piping and try again. Hope we get some boost

Well hooked up the transbrake and got about 2 PSI but the map in that area needs to be adjusted because as soon as it starts to build boost it goes way rich and just bogs out. I mean oh ♥♥♥♥ get out of the garage my eyes are on fire rich!!!!

SO hopefully with some more tuning we can get some boost going without even using the 2 step. Once we get to turning the 2 step on ... Well all i can say IT"S ON BIATCH ITS ON!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well gents the day has come. I'm off to the dyno. Getting the seat mounts and fender reinforcements welded in, then strapping down for one last attempt to get the Rb dialed in for its first run down the track next weekend with the new setup. If all goes well i should have some pretty decent dyno footage. If not i will have some footage of the last time i will have it running for a while. I'm moving in December ( not sure where yet... damn military) and really need to get squared away for that.

Recap

First trip blown HG.... Previous owner of the motor reused it!!!

Second trip spun... #1 rod bearing...previous owner had issues with it also. fixed that problem with a new r33 crank and brian crower rods.

Third trip screwed around trying to fix a voltage drop/ignition problem that ended up being a loose connection:icon50:

Wish me luck guys i really want to get this thing down the track but if anything else happens to delay it i may have to lock her up in the trailer (again) let her sit till i get settle in at my new location.

Well no dyno video but here is some fun stuff. Spent more time doing wire then was expected and teh next guy showed up so we are just going to the track. teh convedrter stall is way off to. still only stalling at 3200:icon_frow

th_burnout2.jpg

th_burnout3.jpg

Well ironed out most of the bugs today prior to going to the track tomorrow. the 2 step works BUT the stall doesn't. converter is only stalling to 3K. MUST have at least 5K if i have any hope of getting any kind of respectable 60 foots.

I will say however that when this bad boy hits the boost holy-crap hold on. i went out on a side street today to see about how far the car will go before boost comes on and it kind scared me the first time because i wasn't ready for it. The second time i gritted my teeth and stayed in it longer and well 24 PSI feels strong as HELLLLLL!!!!!!

I cant wait to get it on the track. will have video so stay tuned

Well we fixed the voltage drop problem. but that didnt fix the miss. it looks like im leaning out. going to have to upgrade the pump and oh yea get the converter restalled, ITS WAY OFF!!!!!

th_137mph.jpg

th_139mph.jpg

And the best run of the day a 12.2 at 140MPH!!!!

no supra jokes please :lol_hitting:

th_140mphrun.jpg