HybridZ

how hard to sell?

typhoone

okay, I have 2 300zx's one with the motor out & one with a motor needing a rebuild. my dad has found a decent condition 85 Corvette for $2,000 and I have $1,000 in the bank. does anyone think it would be a good idea to sell my Z's to get the Vette? I am sure I could get at least $1,000-$1,500 for both plus my extra parts. does anyone else agree? please let me know what you think, better yet let me know if you want to buy them.

That's a risky proposition. The 84-87C4 was the worst production years of a platform that wasn't a great car to begin with. I'd do a LOT of research on the generation of Vette, and then get on Corvetteforum.com and ask a lot of questions in their C4 category. You might also pick Grumpy's brain here, as he's owned a number of them.

Mike

Excellent advice here! Walk away.

I have to agree. I have never seen a Corvette in decent condition go for so cheap. I wouldn't waste my time. Stick with the Z cars or sell them and save up your money for a decent car.

Don't wipe out the bank account. Whatever you buy will require some money beyond the purchase price.