HybridZ

Rear Strut Bar Design

Miles

The rear strut bar looks real nice......however, by adding a diagonal brace from one side at the top of the tower across to the opposite side bottom of the tower would provide you with triangulation and provide even less chassis flex.

Tom

Of course, you have to consider that you need sticky tires to really get a ton of flex and while you still have a ton of rubber in the upper strut mounts (assuming you still have stock mounts), you'll only gain a marginal amount from the bar. If your car is actually moving the strut mount area, then you might have a weak floor, wobbly quarter panels, etc. Of course, you can then take into account the difference between a 240 vs 280 shell, and on and on and on. At the very least, they are good for mounting a harness! :)

The real answer is a fully integrated cage (6 point or more) that ties the front & rear, triangulated all over the place, etc to make the car stiff, but it's better than nothing if you autocross or track it. For a dedicated street car, probably not much of a performance gain.

Hey don't be so sad about that dream at least the 280z gets more lovin' then the 280ZX. By the way your bar looks pretty cool

did you mean my car? and thanks... it is true zx's get no love... its kinda sad, i think they could have some hidden potential

• 5 months later...

where did you get the rear floor mat with the z emblem?

The PO of my son's v8 240Z made it. When we sold the v8 Z I kept the rear mat. Any upholstry shop could add a Z to a rear deck mat.

Miles

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...