HybridZ

rb26 injector resistor.

stony

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite possible. Also, I found the stock box on RHD Japan if anyone is desperate enough to pay $60 or so. Their parts seem to be somewhat overpriced by 30% or so. I'm just gonna build my own at radio shack like they say. Besides, the plug isn't going to work anyway, because the plug that heads to it on the harness goes to another plug first. I'm about to post a blurry picture of that plug on my progress blurb. Perhaps others have something different.

I finally found it on Fast! rb26dett: 22698-U5U10 I tried to use the part code to find the part number for the rb20det but it said it was not applicable.

22698-05U10 works for both RB25 and RB26 perhaps because they have low impedance injectors.

RB20 would then use High Impedance, because I also did a search for "RESISTOR" and I found RESISTOR-DROPPING, but it didn't cross on the RB20 at all.

And it does not cross with anything in the US either.

Well i guess all someone would have to do is measure the resistance of a low impedance injector and compare it to the Stock hi impedance injector right???? The get a resistor to compensate for teh difference.

Anyone have a set of the stock 444c injectors?

I have a set of low impedance 1000cc injectors i will measure tonight and post teh results.

When did you start saying "teh?" Heheh.

So now I'm all screwed up. Is it 6w 6ohm or 10w 10ohm or 10w 6ohm?????

I have stock injectors. Are they all high impedance? I was thinking there were variations depending on setup. I don't know much about them, or what the difference in result is for that matter.

Plus, the book I got on CD says different things. I'll have to check it again for what the resistor is said to be on the 26.

Just measured two sets of stock 440cc RB26 injectors and two sets of stock 270cc(?) RB20 injectors.

Stock RB26 440cc injectors measured a near consistant 1.7 ohms

Stock RB20 270cc(?) injectors measured a near consistant 13.4 ohms

The difference between a Radio Shack resistor rated at 6 watts vs. 10 watts is its heat dissipation. More wattage rating = better heat dissipation.

• 1 year later...

I ordered 6 pieces of 6.2 ohm 10W resistors from Mouser. I wired 3 in parallel for each bank of injectors creating an effective resistor of 2 ohms 30W.

The Mouser part number is 280-CR25-6.2-RC and they cost $1.09 each a year ago.

If you assume a worst-case resistance of 1 ohm for the injector + 2 ohms for the resistors, then you have roughly 4 amps current. That equates to ~30 watts being dissipated by the resistors IF the injectors had a 100% duty cycle. Of course they don't and the injectors are closer to 2 ohms, so you might be able to go with smaller resistors (say 5W), but I wouldn't do it as the resistors will run hotter and could cause issues with where you mount them in terms of heat dissipation.

The key is you want to get to ~2 ohms resistance with ~25W capacity.

One more thing, these resistors have solid wire leads (not stranded) so it's important to mount them so that the wire leads don't move around and eventually fatigue and break. I mounted everything on a piece of masonite under the passenger seat and used zip ties to hold them to the board.