HybridZ

rb26 injector resistor.

stony

RB20DET is low impedance. The only dropping resistor in an RB20DET is for the fuel pump. I just used a dropping resistor pack from a RB26DETT for the GTR444cc injector upgrade to my RB20DET.

Here is a 280zx dropping resistor for 20 bucks on Ebay. Don't know what the resistance value is but I'm guessing it is about the same. Check it out.

Item number: 370140153817. You will need to do some custom wiring.

Or

Item number: 360111597234 This item is a GTR R33 Dropping Resister.

Should work. Send JPS questions and they will let you know.

I got mine from them and it works fine.

Both currently on ebay.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, nice find of the 2 ohm 25w resistors. How much do those cost? They look easier to mount.

I found them on ebay; item #250107058986. They would work great for your dual bank set-up. However, I don't think they'll work for my application. The rb26dett is triggered individually buy the ecu (via the negative signal) so I guess I'll have to wire separate 6 ohm resistors between the injector and the 12V power source.

At first I was thinking I can wire just this one resistor to the 12V power source, since it's 2 ohm and 25 watts, then attach all the positive side wire of the injectors to the resistor, but I'm no longer sure if this will work or not.

At first I was thinking I can wire just this one resistor to the 12V power source, since it's 2 ohm and 25 watts, then attach all the positive side wire of the injectors to the resistor, but I'm no longer sure if this will work or not.

No, I'm afraid not. If each injector is fired separately, then you need to wire each one with its own 6 ohm resistor.

Wow, this is the longest thread I've seen to discuss 6 resistors.

Regardless if they are fired sequentially or at the same time, you need 6 resistors. You can't sum the inductive load of the injector with the resistive load of the resistor, and then just use Ohms law to find the total resistance. You want an independent circuit for each injector.

Just get the OEM Nissan resistor pack and be done with it. It is designed to be mounted in the engine compartment and ruggedized for long life.

Pete

• 1 year later...