HybridZ

Where else do you guys look for a 240z?

I've been keeping an eye on ebay and craigslist and the classifieds here but are there any other places I should be checking? or does it just come down to having patience and waiting for the right car to come along? I am being a little picky but I want a car with minimal to no rust and I'm willing to pay more for that.

heres what I do, even though I am FAR from actively searching for a car to buy.. I do this both for old skool subarus and datsuns.

One day I took the time to go to the craigslist of each city in the state of Florida, go to the Cars for sale section and simply look up "datsun," lowercase, click on search dealers and private parties, and when I got to the results page, I bookmarked it.

I put all those bookmarks in their own sub folder, and now all I have to do is open Mozilla Firefox (web browser) and go to that bookmark folder, and at the bottom there is an option to "open all in tabs." This opens the search string for every city in a separate browser tab, instantly. (well, as fast as the connection speed can handle it) I don't know if IE or other browsers have a feature similar to the "open all in tabs" that firefox gives me.. but if not, that is only ONE of about 3496861395687 reasons to switch to firefox.

are you stuck on a 240z, or would a 280z be something you would be interested in? Im thinking about already selling the car I just picked up for a daily driver. PM me if you want more info. its got a tiny bit of rust in the bottom of the fenders, but is 100% solid everywhere else

I wouldn't be against a 260/early 280z in great condition I was watching one on ebay but I'm too busy to buy a car in the next few weeks, I'll PM you though

Arizona. They are all over the place out here. The only problem being that a lot of these guys hold them like gold. I have gone over to see a straight, semi-clean 70 240 for about 2 years now to no avail. The old buzzard just won't sell it, keeps telling me he is going to make it new again someday!

heres what I do, even though I am FAR from actively searching for a car to buy.. I do this both for old skool subarus and datsuns.

One day I took the time to go to the craigslist of each city in the state of Florida, go to the Cars for sale section and simply look up "datsun," lowercase, click on search dealers and private parties, and when I got to the results page, I bookmarked it.

I put all those bookmarks in their own sub folder, and now all I have to do is open Mozilla Firefox (web browser) and go to that bookmark folder, and at the bottom there is an option to "open all in tabs." This opens the search string for every city in a separate browser tab, instantly. (well, as fast as the connection speed can handle it) I don't know if IE or other browsers have a feature similar to the "open all in tabs" that firefox gives me.. but if not, that is only ONE of about 3496861395687 reasons to switch to firefox.

Sounds like you've never heard of crazedlist.org. It does what you've just described, but it does it all in one window without all of the leg work. It only works with firefox

i saw this on craigslist a while ago, and just now saw it in the classifieds. http://classifieds.hybridz.org/showproduct.php?product=5298&cat=9 doesnt look too bad to me. id probably buy it if i had the money.

not bad but no way does that thing have minimal rust if its been sitting a few miles from the ocean in atlantic city...I'd have to go look at it thats only a 1 1/2 hour drive from me

Shipping will be under a grand. Proper rust repair on most cars I see back east will be FAR more than that!

I have been selling rust free tubs-chassis to Europe now for two years. Stuff we THROW AWAY in SoCal was being compared to 3 year old BMW´s after being acid dipped to reveal any hidden rust. And this is from an FIA Certified Cage Installer!

`Rust Free´, `Surface Rust´, and `Rusty´mean TOTALLY Different things on the east coast and the west coast. What someone would throw away as something not worth repairing on the West Coast would be a car that would be considered almost rust free on the East Coast!

The southwest...no humidity, little rain, lots of sun. Your interior will be trashed, but the steel will have no tin worm larvae present!

Local Classified Papers online in remote town make for interesting finds...though craigslist seems to be the realm of bottom feeders wanting to sell something without paying anything...that can be good and bad. I´ve only had one good response from a Craigslist Seller...every single other has flaked and not returned calls, etc etc etc. For the hassle, I´ve had betteer luck on e-bay. though the potential to get something really cheap exists on craigslist. If they call you back.