HybridZ

Oh My God Look At This Body!

Corzette

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, i love that IC on the 510

wonder if it's ever been done irl before.

Well, its not a 510, its a skyline gt-r, and its also not an intercooler, its an oil cooler. There was/is a trend in japan of mounting oil coolers outside the body with long draping oil lines running to them.

Well, its not a 510, its a skyline gt-r, and its also not an intercooler, its an oil cooler. There was/is a trend in japan of mounting oil coolers outside the body with long draping oil lines running to them.

^^ maybe i should stay on the computer less when i don't have my contacts on. thats pretty interesting though.

I'm watching the thread develop with a growing sense of disbelief.

Somewhere - in a parallel universe - there's a Japanese army forces member stationed just outside Daytona, USA. He's found a scratch-built and relatively accurate scale model of a copy of a 1970 Plymouth Superbird, and he's inspired to replicate this model of a copy in full scale. He shows pics of the model on an internet forum, and some forum members show him pictures of the full scale copy - seemingly thinking that this was where the story started.

My head is spinning.......

Corzette,

Surely you realise ( stationed as you are at Camp Fuji, just a few kilometers from Fuji Speedway - where Nissan's 'Works' Group 4 240ZR race cars pounded so many miles in practice and in competition, and were used in the 'Nissan Racing School' ) that the Arita Speed 'Akira Z' and the scale model that has inspired you are both based on FACTORY race body parts?

A quick scan through the archives here on HybridZ ( especially in the Aerodynamics section ) would net you some pretty good data and pics of the original Works cars, and the homologated body parts that they wore.

If you were going to copy a Louis Vuitton bag, would you look at a cheap pirate-made Chinese copy of it as reference, or would you copy the original?

No offence, but you are sitting right on the doorstep of a whole ton of Nissan racing and modifying history there. I can't understand how you are managing to miss it.

Can I help you in any way? Can I answer any questions you might have?

Alan T.

I hope to get a g-nose this weekend. I have a copy of the Works body kit already. Yahoo auctions and I are real close friends. Body kit does not even remotely come close to fitting in the front without the g-nose belly pan. Now if I can only find the damn hinges....Post pics of that 4dr when you get it. The pic looked like a 72 (47) model based on the grille and front fender lights. Same year as mine. Cool

Somewhere - in a parallel universe - there's a Japanese army forces member stationed just outside Daytona, USA. He's found a scratch-built and relatively accurate scale model of a copy of a 1970 Plymouth Superbird, and he's inspired to replicate this model of a copy in full scale. He shows pics of the model on an internet forum, and some forum members show him pictures of the full scale copy - seemingly thinking that this was where the story started.

Alan, that's great. I love British humor...........

chris

I hope to get a g-nose this weekend. I have a copy of the Works body kit already. Yahoo auctions and I are real close friends. Body kit does not even remotely come close to fitting in the front without the g-nose belly pan. Now if I can only find the damn hinges....Post pics of that 4dr when you get it. The pic looked like a 72 (47) model based on the grille and front fender lights. Same year as mine. Cool

Well went to see the car and get final delivered price etc. The car is very clean inside and looks great. Outside is excellent as well and only 1 or 2 small rust spots I could see. Under carriage had been coated recently. hAS FRONT SPOILER and needs to be mounted. I dont like the ADVAN rims but black Wantanabes are a dime a dozen and will only run me about $400 for 4. I plan on painting the rear wing, front spoiler and mirrors, front and rear grill black and tint side and rear windows LIMO black. That should clean up the profile lots. All is left now is to get the loan and wire the money before it sells. The engine is an L20 and single down draft carb. That means no power but I will be looking for an L28 in the mean time for a quick fix. The car is a 1971 according to the paperwork. There was another one there with Mikunis and a little more rad but no inspection and I dont need any hassels with that. Oh this one also has the Camber plates on front so thats a plus. Its a 4 speed too and R180 rear. Will need to locate a R200 to swap in. Anyone want an L20 when I get back, maybe we can trade something....anyhoot dont wanna get too excited yet.....until the money is wired.....more to come and pics when I get to Fuji....

Total price to include tax, disposal fee (japanese thing), and delivery to Fuji is $10,350.00 not too bad if you ask me...now at least I can pour money into it and not have to worry about not taking it with me when I leave...SAWEEEET!

Terry

Under carriage had been coated recently.

I hope they are not hiding something? They tried pulling that sheot on the first box but luckily I caught it. I would tap around with a ball peen just to make sure. You know they will bang on it anyways when you run it through shakin.

Very nice price but more important Terry:

:worthless:

I hope they are not hiding something? They tried pulling that sheot on the first box but luckily I caught it. I would tap around with a ball peen just to make sure. You know they will bang on it anyways when you run it through shakin.

Very nice price but more important Terry:

:worthless:

Here is the link on the lot...I will take more once I get it home..

http://www.goo-net.com/used/spread/goo/13/700051013320070922002.html