HybridZ

Need advice on installing JSK fuel rail

milesz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
which rail do you actually have? I've got the JSK rail that has the barbed fittings so you can use stock injectors. this picture from before the turbo installation is unfortunately the best I can offer...

DSC_0230.jpg

Hey can you take a closer pixture for me on the pressure regluator and the routing of it? Sorry to high jack the thread

Hey can you take a closer pixture for me on the pressure regluator and the routing of it? Sorry to high jack the thread

I won't be able to do that for quite a while unfortunately. In addition to having an intercooler sitting right on top of the part in question, I'm storing the car in another city while I'm getting my master's degree, but christmas break is coming up in a few weeks so i could probably do it then if a verbal description won't do. Basically, i've got a Y-junction on the feed line so that the fuel enters the rail from both sides. The line to the regulator leaves from roughly the middle. The thought process on this was to ensure a stable supply of fuel to both the front and rear three injectors. It runs pretty well like this, but I don't have any instrumentation to tell me whether it works better or worse than running it the traditional way. I do have a fuel pressure gauge mounted on the rail, and it reads 45psi when the pump is turned on (however, this mounting strategy places it under the hood-difficult to read when under load). Almost any question pertaining to my motivations for doing things any particular way on this car can be answered with "why not?" or "seemed like a good idea at the time..." Which I'm sure is disappointing to the people on the board who take their engineering seriously (and rightly so).

the best I can do on short notice:

intercoolerphotoshoot6.jpg

• 3 months later...
I made my own mounts that tie into the 10mm valve cover bolts, strong, simple and cost about $1.00 and took 10minutes...I will post some pics later tonight.

Regards - Yasin

I am still waiting to see your pictures of how you mounted the fuel rail.

I won't be able to do that for quite a while unfortunately. In addition to having an intercooler sitting right on top of the part in question, I'm storing the car in another city while I'm getting my master's degree, but christmas break is coming up in a few weeks so i could probably do it then if a verbal description won't do. Basically, i've got a Y-junction on the feed line so that the fuel enters the rail from both sides. The line to the regulator leaves from roughly the middle. The thought process on this was to ensure a stable supply of fuel to both the front and rear three injectors. It runs pretty well like this, but I don't have any instrumentation to tell me whether it works better or worse than running it the traditional way. I do have a fuel pressure gauge mounted on the rail, and it reads 45psi when the pump is turned on (however, this mounting strategy places it under the hood-difficult to read when under load). Almost any question pertaining to my motivations for doing things any particular way on this car can be answered with "why not?" or "seemed like a good idea at the time..." Which I'm sure is disappointing to the people on the board who take their engineering seriously (and rightly so).

the best I can do on short notice:

intercoolerphotoshoot6.jpg

Need some advice and pictures 928-706-0525.

Thanks