HybridZ

My new Z, New Member

V8INtheZ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

The drivetrain is in its final (I hope anyway) resting spot. I have a whole bunch of pictures, but have yet to get them onto the computer.

Next thing on the list is to get all the wiring done, should be mostly finished this weekend. Its going pretty smooth so far :hs: so Im waiting for something to go wrong ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Woww, Im really dragging my feet. I will have pictures uploaded tonight when I get off of work. There were some complications with my last batch of pictures, so I will retake them with my own camera. I will include pictures of the "finished" engine mounts, engine location, transmission location, and the oil pan location.

Any other requests before I get home?

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

I took the engine out of a car from Picknpull for 70 dollars. I have a bazillion 2.3 Turbo parts though, what do you need?

I have 2 Turbo Coupes, 2 Turbo Capris (83'+84') and now this will be another 2.3, so I have been collecting parts for a few years now. I rarely let something get passed me.

Anyway, Im off to get started on installing the wiring harness. I pulled it apart and fixed some splices and junk, new tape and loom. Should go pretty smooth, although I cant find my mini-starter right now...

Hmm, I will have to look around for a fuel sender.

I now have the wire harness installed and all figured out. I still need to do some minor things like hook up the starter, but it should be cranking and sparking tonight.

I have to wait on my next check so I can buy a fuel pump, intercooler, and piping so it should be running soon!

Ouch, that always sucks. Sorry to here that, hope you are alright.

I am going to buy one of those cheap intercoolers from ebay. Its hard to beat a FMIC and piping for under $200 bucks =)

I have a volvo, and a saab fmic on a couple of my cars and they work pretty well.

If you are interested I have on of the isuzu npr intercoolers, a common upgrade to the overhead intercooler,

wich I also have in case you might be interested.

I was planning on dropping a 2.3 into my 84 300zx...

Until it got hit by any F650 friday evening.

Where??? Those stupid oversized pickup trucks are getting WAY out of hand in palm beach county, I know that much...

omgtruck.jpg

50+ inch tires, headlights were over 72" above the ground, this guy got a MAJOR ticket or six, and he is STILL driving the truck. About a week after this picture was taken in front of my work, this same truck flew past my buddy down a two lane residential street going like 60.:fmad:

And that little graphic, right at eye level below the doors?? It says "Size Matters" :lmao:

Where??? Those stupid oversized pickup trucks are getting WAY out of hand in palm beach county, I know that much...

omgtruck.jpg

50+ inch tires, headlights were over 72" above the ground, this guy got a MAJOR ticket or six, and he is STILL driving the truck. About a week after this picture was taken in front of my work, this same truck flew past my buddy down a two lane residential street going like 60.:fmad:

And that little graphic, right at eye level below the doors?? It says "Size Matters" :lmao:

AAAA!HAHA!HAHA!HAHA!HAHA! WTF! Thats the funniest thing i heard all day. I bet you he had to ride his horse to get into that truck. HAHAHAHA

Like Shrek says "maybe he's compensating for something" hahaha

Spent this last weekend buying parts, some of which I dont need, but couldnt resist! Got a few spare turbos and some front Z31 hubs so I can start upgrading my brakes and put some new tires on the car. Im swapping to 5 lug cause I want some 16" mesh wheels for the Z, and they are pretty hard to find and pricey when you do.

Plans for this next weekend 1/5-1/6 are to work on my fuel system. I should get my FMIC and piping in the mail by the end of next week.

My goal is to have the car atleast running by the end of January. Its sort ok like a new years resolution thing. :mparty: