HybridZ

Has anyone done this? Sub boxes...

BurnoutZ

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone thats planning on having a sub is really that concerned about weight. how much weight are we talking about anyway? what does a ten inch woofer and a custom fiberglass enclosure weigh? 15 pounds TOPS!!!!!

Thats a custom enclosure, I spoke with the owner at the Blackhawk show this year.

im planning on doing this to my car. and yes its custiom ive made a few boxes like that for friends.that turn out real nice. Mine are going to be removable so that i can take them out when i am actually concerned about weight... and i figure i only way 155lbs so even if i dont take them out i bet i weigh 30lbs less than alot of guys on this Forum so its no big deal... i am planning on makeing molds of mine once im done just so i can make a few of them if people ware interested..

why the hell would you put a 15" sub in a car like ours? the bass has no time to mature and get the full feel of it. 15" subs are sloppy especially in a small cabin like we have........unless you want to be like a brother drivin down the street in the hood..........

Thats a hell of thing to say/write publicly. So what all brothers drive down the street in the hood with 15" subs? WOW!!!!

Oh burn :| Anyways so are you saying a smaller bass would work better in these smaller cars ?

A quality 8" in a sealed enclosure will sound tight and fill very nicely. If you want a little more boom then go with 10", but I think a QUALITY 8" will sound great. A 15" is only useful if you want to piss off the neighborhood and destroy your kidneys.

- Greg -

I have a 12 " in a case and its sounds awesome of course i have a 650 wt amp to go with it and btw I am not no brother, actually i am a father with a son who feels thats what i needed, and when i by myself i really do enjoy it. And i believe we are going to do a custom job this spring. And i think whoever did y'r custom did an awesome job

later bob

im planning on doing this to my car. and yes its custiom ive made a few boxes like that for friends.that turn out real nice. Mine are going to be removable so that i can take them out when i am actually concerned about weight... and i figure i only way 155lbs so even if i dont take them out i bet i weigh 30lbs less than alot of guys on this Forum so its no big deal... i am planning on makeing molds of mine once im done just so i can make a few of them if people ware interested..
Have you ever thought about making and selling some removable boxes?

Have you ever thought about making and selling some removable boxes?

Yeah thats why i said i wanted to make molds of them so i can make a few sets for people.. but honestly i dont have the money to make the first one's and molds right now.. I did have someone PM me and he asked to buy/fund the making of one but im not sure i would feel comfortable taking someones money on a product that i havent made yet and i was planning on making them with 10's for my car im planning on having them on both the drivers and passengers side but thats just for me would be easy to just make one side for someone..

9 times out of 10 if you are hearing something banging down the street and it is screwed/chopped it will be coming out of a 15" sub. Generally ( yes it is a general statment) people that listen to that type of music are using 15" subs so that all can hear you beffoe you get there. If you want clean sounds then I would suggest a pair of 8" subs or a single 10" sub.

As far as sub goes, I was planning on buying 2 JL Audio 10 inch 10w7's. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=5 There is a page with info on them. They are very expensive but JL makes quality subs and speakers.

Thats a great driver but you should really consider sticking with only one. The interior size of a Z is not very big. Put the money you save on that second W7 and buy a better amp.

- Greg -