HybridZ

Tilton master cylinder to slave line.

Just kinda in a bind right now, does anyone know what exactly size AN fittings I would need to run a braided AN line on a Tilton master. Its running to a stock T56 Slave cylinder. Thanks guys.

I had a line ordered on jegs but its backordered and forgot what size it is.

I work at a custom motorcycle shop and we have all the AN lines I could ever want. Im pretty sure its -3AN both sides with the top a 90* but I would just like to back this up. It was expensive as hell on jegs for one, but here its only going to cost about 35 bucks.

Master is a -3, the hose (at least the one that was recommended on this board and was very expensive from Summit and is too short) is -4. I had to get a -3 to -4 and a 90 deg swivel elbow. Now need to get out my hose stretcher as the hose it ~1" too short... oh and I forgot the depth of the flare is huge so the std -3 to -4 adapter is too short. OK so I'm probably not the best example to listen to as I'm in about $150 so far and I have nothing that will work. Sorry just a little frustrated as I thought I could take the advice of a post here and save some time ...

Cameron

Guest Grenade300

When I did my LS1/T56 swap, I used a Tilton 7/8" master cylinder... To connect it to the T56 I used Russell part number 640281 and a 32" braided stainless steel brake line with a 90 deg fitting on one side (-3 AN female connections on both sides) sold by Jegs or Summit Racing (in the Russell part description it says for a Chrystler, but this is the part you need). The Tilton comes with a screw in adaptor that you screw into the end of the Tilton. This makes the output of the Tilton a -3 AN male output. The Russell adaptor is a -3 AN male fitting as well.

You will need to seperate the bellhousing from the block to install the Russell fitting. Use a small punch to drive out the rollpin holding in the origional GM "snap" connection in place. You then replace the GM "snap" connection with the Russell unit and re-install the rollpin. While you have the bellhousing seperated from the block you will need to install the 32" braided brake line onto the Russell connection and then attach the other end (the end with the 90 deg fitting) to the Tilton cylinder once you have the engine in the car.

I did a whole write up on my LS1/T56 swap and it covers the Tilton issue I just described with pictures. You are welcome to download it for free. Look at post #57 on this page http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123533&page=3.

So basically if I got a line with a -4AN male fitting on one end and the -3AN fitting on the slave side it would fit like butter? Ive already got the Russel clutch adapter. If that wont work, where can I get one of those -4AN to -3AN fittings for the slave? Im getting a used one and it doesn't come with that little fitting. :(

where can I get one of those -4AN to -3AN fittings for the slave? :(

Your local industrial hose store. Even our small town has two of them. They are usually known as 37 degree JIC fittings in the industrial world instead of AN but they are the same.

Cameron