HybridZ

Special head lamps; any ideas?

Guest 280ZForce

There is a company in the US that sells these HID projectors now. The link is some where here on Hybrid.

I was fortunate enough to get the prototypes from Germany about 3 years ago. They do fit right up. I have quite a few pics of my car with them installed. You can search my threads to find pics.

I'll search later on where you can buy them, look to be spending a cool $1,000+ if you want to buy the kit ready to go. Otherwise, other members here have since made their own DIY HID projector headlamps for about 1/2 the price I think.

Guest 280ZForce
280Zforce, I'm actually not too fond of the ones you have on your car (to each his own, right?) I do however really like the one that is in the link I provided. If anyone knows anything about these, I could really use the help. Thanks!

I do believe they are a DIY setup as others have done here as well. I know others here have used e46 bmw projectors primarily. So I assume those might be them.

Check out this thread for info on e46 retrofits... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108098&highlight=HID+projectors

thats my car, glad you like them, and 280zforce linked to DIY thread above.

I'd recommend you look on hidplanet to get a better idea of which projectors best for its money, as unfortunately i didn't know about the site, and e46 ones aren't that great (in terms of the blue cutoff produced, and also these are not bi-xenons), although the plastic chrome shroud is nice, alot of them are interchangable as they are roughly the same diameter. I reakon 300c projector shrouds would look awesome

280z force's lights are in another league, and there are definately advantages to having them stick out like his do, if you look at a picture of mine on you'll see half the light is blocked by the headlight bucket for one, and then there's only so much space behind before you hit the wheel

as a shameless plug, i'd more than happily sell my headlights to fund an motor since i've now lost compression in a cylinder...

I prefer to think of my 240Z as a car with a british sole....

Joe Lucas (Prince of Darkness) says don't drive a night..

zdisease

ARGGGGG!!!! You said the dreaded Lucas word!!! That man should have been brought up on charges from UL, icon10.gif! Anyone that has owned a British car has learned to hate anything made by Lucas. My Sunbeam Tiger caught fire due to one of their wonderful electric fuel pumps.