HybridZ

I started on my roll cage install!!!!

Thats what i had in mind. How far are you going to go with this? Are you going to run door bars as well. I think for street I would not do the X- bar. One diaganal should be enough here. You do mostly straight line stuff, dont you?

One more mod that should really stifen (sp?) things up. Run a door bar from the floor of the front hoop to the rear strut tower that pickes up the main hoop on the way. This kind of bar wont make it to hard to get in and out but reallt ties the structure together. Over kill for the road though.

Douglas

here are the latest pics Im about 50% done still have to do the X bar in the rear the diagonal in the main hoop and the door bars.

Anybody ever buy a tubing notcher like on ebay or similar? just curious how they work. Sure would make this thing easier if it worked good ;>

showphoto.php?photo=2923&papass=&sort=1&thecat=998

222714.jpg222717.jpg

For the small number of joints, couldn't you do the same thing as a tubing notcher with a grinder? I saw the notchers on Harbor Freight and the first thing I thought of is how quickly they must go through hole saw blades.

Also a diagonal in the main hoop is an excellent idea, but I would rethink the X bars between the main hoop and the rear strut towers.

Katman sent me a pretty good magazine article on Z car cages. I'll try emailing you a copy.

• 2 months later...

well i have made a little progress since the last pics. i came to the conclusion that a stright back bar was not an option in my case. It would be putting my chest to close to the wheel. I ran tw bars from the main hoop where the back bar would normally tie in and ran them both diagonally back to the center of the rear strut bar. i will add some pics as soon as my camera battery charges ;>

well i have made a little progress since the last pics. i came to the conclusion that a stright back bar was not an option in my case. It would be putting my chest to close to the wheel. I ran tw bars from the main hoop where the back bar would normally tie in and ran them both diagonally back to the center of the rear strut bar. i will add some pics as soon as my camera battery charges ;>

Stony,

I had the same problem with the cross bar in the main hoop. I spaced it back by 3 inches or so. A couple of pics on my site. It's a PITA to do, but doesn't take too long.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...