HybridZ

260z or 280zx??

azZdriver

Hi all. I've been driving my 280zx since I was 16, (23 now) and I love it:burnout:. However, it's time for an upgrade. Looking for something with more power so I've picked up a running L28et to use, but I'm not sure what body to use, my 280zx I've been driving or a 260z my dad has sitting around rotting :( The 260z is lighter and i like the look, but what would be the advantages of the 280zx? I apologize if this is a ridiculous question or something already posted.....

That depends on what year 280zx.

Many pre 1981 ZX cars had a steering box type power steering though I believe some 1979 slicktops with roll up windows had a manual rack.

If your car is 1981 or newer, you probably have the rack rather than a box that sits right where you would put the turbo.

In california, the '74 doesn't need a smog certificate. There are a lot of people that have made modifications or swapped engines that can't get their car registered because they are no longer smog legal. I would go with the 260, and, they look a lot nicer and are lighter.

His profile says he's in arizona though.

I'm obviously a little biased, but i'd stay with the zx, especially if you've already sunk time and money into it. If the 260 is rusty, its only going to be a big headache.

Yeah the zx is heavier, but for a street driven car its not the end of the world. It gets you both the timeless Z car look, some modern comforts, and still a hell of a performer with some mods.

Oh, and lets not forget t-tops. That gets girls, and if your lucky enough to own a 2+2, more than just one girl:icon44:

Not that I have anything against s30s, but if there's nothing wrong with the zx, why get rid of it?