HybridZ

has anyone done this?

MJLamberson

has anybody tried to carpet their car using a roll of carpet such as this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-72-73-74-75-76-77-78-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-CARPET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33697QQihZ001QQitemZ110206868124QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

A normal carpet kit is out of the question because of my speaker boxes and I really like the price. How hard would it be to make fit and look good? all opinions are welcome. Thanks a bunch

I bought this product, but have not installed it yet. I can say it seems to be the exact carpet that is in my 2006 BMW. Having said that, the carpet is not like carpet you are used to; it has a very low nap and is pretty thin and somewhat stiff. You would want it backed with something, like a foam pad. In my case, I have the entire car covered in a product called RAMMAT, which is like Dyanmat, but also includes 1/4" high density foam on top of the metalized product. If you want to see what the carpet is like, check out any newer BMW.

Just cough up the coin and buy a good carpet kit and you will save a lot of time and headache. especially if you don't have much in the way of patience

I agree.

Years ago I bought a roll for my 73 Z. The measuring, cutting, and fitting was a PITA. Plus you still have the cut end that needs to be seamed up to have that nice finished look.

This is what the MSA carpet kit looks like installed. Notice the edges are all sewn. The rear and front mats have an extra layer of insulation. The drivers side floor piece even has the rubber mat sewn in.

75280z_06.jpg

75280z_11.jpg

hey go to http://www.thezstore.com/store/merchant.mvc it has a kit with all the carpet pre cut and comes with the glue you need to install. it requires a little cutting in areas but it will be a lot easier then gettin a roll of carpet. my carpet looked just like yours(all sun stained) and this last summer i installed this carpet now it looks brand new. i would say it is worth the extra money.

i've done it in my 68 bug and i would not recomend it. it came out pretty good but it took way to long and was pretty hard. i later found an interiour shop that did it for about $40 more with all the labor and parts. so i told myself that i would take it to the shop next time it needs to be done. that would be my recomendation.