HybridZ

OK... the FINAL cobra wheel roundabout

Im sure you all have listened to my spammity spam and acquired the SEARCH or DIE mantra with me. Ive searched so long my head hurts, so now I turn to ye all.

Some people have said I cannot run 17x9 +18 wheels with ground control coilovers and rolled fenders because they would stick out too far with 275's.

Bartman - running 275's in the rear, with 1.125mm more offset in the rear than my setup, plus his wheels are a half inch wider, and 1 inch taller..

Someone school me :mrgreen: and help me make the final decision on buying and running these wheels and tires.. tires I plan to run BTW are 235/40-17 fronts and 275/35-17 rear, ALTHOUGH I am willing to buy some 265's if my setup would be cutting it way too close. I havent ordered anything yet buy im getting ancy, and im dead ready:willy_nil

If I was running stock drums, 275/40-17, rolled fenders and GC coilovers.

This stuff is driving me insane, I think ive looked just about everywhere for a setup like this and I cant find it with my offset and rim width and size.

My thought is that my wheel is 18mm while barts is 19.125mm, while my tires would be the same size width wise, and my wheels would be 1/2" narrower. I know its going to be a tight tight fit if it works, I just want to know for sure if its doable before I order stuff.

I know its going to be a tight tight fit if it works, I just want to know for sure if its doable before I order stuff.

You're not going to know. The replies you received and the searching you've done have not produced a specific answer for your situation. Get used to the idea that what you're trying to do has some unknowns. You need to make the decision yourself based on the information you have at hand. Welcome to life.

If you really want to run that tire size just use the 245 size tires as well. Then there wont be a problem. I know a lot of the guys here have the 275 on the 9 inch rim but IMHO they really look better on the 10.5 rim. Dont get stuck on the idea that you must have a 275. I did and it put my whole project back a year at least due to needing flares now for the wider tires.

Douglas

255s worked great on my car for fitment/ full compression of the shock with the fender lip rolled. 275s stuck out an d the tire made contact with the fender even with the lip rolled. I confirmed this by removing the spring and running the strut into its compression cycle with a floor jack on the suspension and the car on my automotive lift.

I personally think a 255-40-17 will be fine for your current setup.

Mike

Im sure you all have listened to my spammity spam and acquired the SEARCH or DIE mantra with me. Ive searched so long my head hurts, so now I turn to ye all.

Some people have said I cannot run 17x9 +18 wheels with ground control coilovers and rolled fenders because they would stick out too far with 275's.

Bartman - running 275's in the rear, with 1.125mm more offset in the rear than my setup, plus his wheels are a half inch wider, and 1 inch taller..

Someone school me :mrgreen: and help me make the final decision on buying and running these wheels and tires.. tires I plan to run BTW are 235/40-17 fronts and 275/35-17 rear, ALTHOUGH I am willing to buy some 265's if my setup would be cutting it way too close. I havent ordered anything yet buy im getting ancy, and im dead ready:willy_nil

Do you need to have 275's...well no, but do you need a V8 in a Z? If you're like me, I'd be pissed if I put on a set of wheels and tires and found out I could've gone bigger.

ZROSSA, you could have just bought smaller tires instead of requiring all the extra time to add flares.

My 275's fit just fine and I'm darn glad I bought them. I removed the springs like Mikelly did and there is no rubbing on the rears, but I have 18's and I think they can sit farther inward than 17's due to the angle of the struts. The only rub I had is on the front and I think I got that licked now.