HybridZ

Guy allegedly cuts drag coefficient from .34 to .17 in backyard

See, this is America. And we can do what ever we want.......because we can.
Yep...Like signing up on a forum with the sole purpose of dredging up a thread started 3.75 years ago and last posted in over 2.5 years ago with machine-gun replies aimed at people who some of which haven't been active in months or even years, as well as replying to some of the more closed minded comments with equally (or more) ignorant commentary. Way to do the rest of us Americans (and the Ecomodding community) proud! :rolleyes:

Trolls: Putting the 'ass' in classy since 1992. :blink:

Edited by Driven5

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My VW Beetle with a diesel and automatic transmission got 37mpg until I found the Ecomodder site. With driving technique adjustments and minor tweeks (filters, thermostat, tire pressure) on the car, I now average 45mpg. These guys are for real, just like most people posting on HybridZ, it's just the goals are different.

Edited by SleeperZ

• 2 weeks later...

look another thought uot aussie comment!!!!!

Guess that stupid dumb hick american boy forgot to go over to dad's shop and get it wind tested.

Get a life.......

werent those 260's kinda a stop gap pos.......just sayin.......

:P OK I'll make just one comment on the vehicle, a constructive one. To reduce drag generated by all the dips and dives in the modified bodywork it all should be smoothed out with no sudden changes in line or angle. Just like a modern aircraft basically is. Reducing drag will increase speed/economy so there you are.

If anyone scrolled through the photobucket pictures you will see that he crashed the car. It was so aerodynamic his brakes failed. -_-

I gues too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I was also reading on this forum that the teardrop shape is the most aerodynamic, and since his car was shaped that way I do believe the guy was not lying about the 80mpg car.

Edited by David GArcia