HybridZ

Install Kit

BurnMac42

well not quite that easy. The later style round supra mounts will work on the 2jzgte install kit, but the stud on the bottom of the mount uses a 17mm nut while the 2jz mount uses a 19mm nut, so the stud is a little smaller. You can use the 89+ mounts fine ,just use a big washer at the bottom to accompany the smaller stud. If you want to use 2jz mounts on a 1jz or 7mgte like I did, you will have to grind off the little offset locking pin on the motor mount so it will allow it to bolt up.

Guest allight
^^Will the later style mounts mount up to an older engine?

I got a little confused with this post as well, I think he is talkin rubber mounts, I cant see how a 7m is going to drop in and line up/

motorsports infermation says will only fit like 1year 2j , so just on a 2j you need brackets from that year soupra. import ones not the same need local. anyone gonna do some mulifits? the guy in ozzie isnot intrested.

I got a little confused with this post as well, I think he is talkin rubber mounts, I cant see how a 7m is going to drop in and line up/

motorsports infermation says will only fit like 1year 2j , so just on a 2j you need brackets from that year soupra. import ones not the same need local. anyone gonna do some mulifits? the guy in ozzie isnot intrested.

huh???

Guest TeamNissan
The cross member is alright. The tubes should be gusseted to the L-plate, but whatever.

I hope this swap doesn't become that popular. Its kind of nice only having a few of us running around.

Thats not a nice attitude to have, greedy.

huh???

I think what he is trying to say is that unless you have the brackets from the USA edition Supra(the Lexus/ Aristo, and all the 1Js are different)It probably won't lineup. I have explained to him several times I am not interested in making him a set for a 1J, (need to set up for LHD rack for starters,simple, but I have better things to do)

Allight, a badly trained monkey can make these in a day.......your time starts .....Now!:mparty:

The cross member is alright. The tubes should be gusseted to the L-plate, but whatever.

I hope this swap doesn't become that popular. Its kind of nice only having a few of us running around.

You know... Seeing that you're in Redmond, and you've got this swap done, I'd really like to be your friend... lol

Can we meet up sometime so I can pick your brain a little?

if you're looking to put 350hp to it, don't pay attention to how well it runs, it won't be running that motor setup when you hit your goal.

If you're looking to run 350 hp through the chassis, pay attention to the body. jab at the floorboards with a screw driver and see what happens. look for rust on the subframe.

$500 for a "well running car" means the rest of the car is probably shot.

if you're looking to put 350hp to it, don't pay attention to how well it runs, it won't be running that motor setup when you hit your goal.

If you're looking to run 350 hp through the chassis, pay attention to the body. jab at the floorboards with a screw driver and see what happens. look for rust on the subframe.

$500 for a "well running car" means the rest of the car is probably shot.

I see your point..but if find one that runs, then i could sell the motor, and pick up a couple of hundred right there....either way i want one real bad but i don't have the time for a swap and major resterestion....Which is the reason im considering a s13/s14 because thats really the only other "light" RWD car i like...theres the Fc rx-7 turbo II which i like, but my brother has that....Anyway sorry to thread jack....

For the guys that did the swap..is there a way to mod the stock s30 mounts to work..is it feasible?

Which tranny (6 speed, 5 speed, Turbo 400, 4L80E)? Which model year 240/260/280Z?

I'll sell you some flat plate, some square tube, and an industrial mahcine mount and you can build it yourself... :-)

5 speed in a 240. You have 2 weeks..Thanks:D

I see your point..but if find one that runs, then i could sell the motor, and pick up a couple of hundred right there....either way i want one real bad but i don't have the time for a swap and major resterestion....Which is the reason im considering a s13/s14 because thats really the only other "light" RWD car i like...theres the Fc rx-7 turbo II which i like, but my brother has that....Anyway sorry to thread jack....

For the guys that did the swap..is there a way to mod the stock s30 mounts to work..is it feasible?

That couple of hundred won't pay for the frame repairfloorboards you'll need.

The way clifton is suggesting uses the stock mounts. Find a good body'd car (is that a word?) for a grand, and start from there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

am thinking of installing a 2jzge engine in my 72z. curious as to whether john c's motor mount is low enough to mount na engine without hood interferance problem???? love my z....have great engine.....don't want turbo......really like the idea of more calm power. comments.....thanks, john t..