• Infinately excellent
    • Pretty awesome
    • Made it through
    • Uber crappy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fav cover, well off the top of my head, from the 80's is erasure - send me an angel. Almost hard to admit that.....

Send Me An Angel is not a song of Erasure. The band that sang that song is 'Real Life'.

Also where's Kraftwerk, The Camouflage, Depeche Mode, Book Of Love, Gene's Love Jezebel, Red Flag, The Adventures, The Alarm, Friends Again, Frazier Chorus, Fiat Lux, H2O (the original, not the H2O right now), Aztec Camera, etc, etc.

I'd have to say DIO by himself. Rain Bows in the Dark!!!!!!

That song always gets me going.

OK OK. J. Geils Band. Not that I listened to them much, I was more into the harder stuff.

Did anyone mention Jethro Tull or Dire Straights or Steely Dan (anyone know that name refers to?).

I don't think I saw David Bowie listed, he's a bit weird but made some very good music.

Wheelman

For your listening and viewing ( god I love mila) pleasure.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWrFMEOeoK4

Also the song your referring to as angel I believe is "glass angel"

The video soundtrack is definitely Real Life and not Erasure. A lot of people who doesn't know Real Life always mistaken this song as Erasure's.

I even found a CD with this track listed the singer as Scorpions (the german group)

TeamNissan, I'm not arguing.

I am a hardcore 'New Wave'/80's cd collector with around 1200 original 80's cd/lp (700 in my country & around 5-600 here in the US) and I haven't seen any video or cd with that track from Erasure. Plus that version you posted doesn't even sound like Andy or Vince. If you're sure that Erasure did a version of that song and you have a copy or know where I can get it, do let me know so that I can add it on my collection.

There's a song Angel and Glass Angel both by Erasure.

Found this on the net. A site build by an avid Erasure fan:

http://www.onges-erasure-page.co.uk/about/faq.php

Found this on you tube too. The promo video by Real Life. Singer sound the same from the link that you posted. It's just that the first one is a remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zBjYIyz-0

BTW, I do have the CD of Real Life with two versions of that song. If you really like it I can send you a copy.