HybridZ

nor cal z owners i hve a question

what pick and pulls have you gone to and had good luck with? i went to the fairfield p&p and there was only one 280z. i was hoping to find the best one or the one that has people have had the best luck with without having to drive to all of them. any input would be awesome. thanks in advance

I'm curious about the San Jose p&p because it seems like there is a lot of Datsun's there. that could mean there is either a lot there or none because people pick them clean...guess the only way to find out is to check it out some time. thanks a bunch for the info and keep it coming if you go somewhere else or a new one comes into your local one.

I'm curious about the San Jose p&p because it seems like there is a lot of Datsun's there. that could mean there is either a lot there or none because people pick them clean...guess the only way to find out is to check it out some time. thanks a bunch for the info and keep it coming if you go somewhere else or a new one comes into your local one.

San Jose Pick 'n' Pulls make me sad. First off, I have seen very few Datsuns in general. Also, there is a recycler in San Jose that gets to everything first. The only thing that is usually left in the few cars there is one of the guys business cards :(

Maybe things are different now, I gave up on PNP for S30 parts a year ago.

yeah that black one is no longer there, now theres a light blue one if I remember correctly this one did have a tank but it was dented, no holes, not 100% sure but thats how Im remebering it (dents were not bad at all), will a tank from a zx work, there are plenty of those
i dont think a ZX tank will work. the s30 tank is shaped to go around the spare tire well, but on the zx, the spare tire well was moved to inside the passenger quarter, so the tank isnt shaped like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Save your time! ALL gas tanks are punctured prior to being put in the lot. It is a law. You will either have to use http://www.craigslist.org, eBay, or go aftermarket [fuel cell, GM F-body...]; but, obviously you lose the spare tub.

Since CL started in the Bay Area, it has the highest abundance of listings here. It is really a pretty good source.

But, don't bother with P-n-P. Now, that being said, a NON-self-serve yard might have one. The law only applies to self-serve yards....