HybridZ

New Adjustable Suspension Items, your input for your product

As a follow up to Mike Kelly's announcement and some discussion I've had with Mike

ZFRS closing out , I intend to design and subsequently offer up some new adjustable suspension items for the Z cars. Intent is to continue to make available items with same function as what Mike has finely offered to date.

I have my own ideas on altering their design in some aspects but would greatly enjoy hearing from any others (many very versed in suspension attributes/engineering on this board as we know!) as these parts will be for your use and as such should meet your requirements and the easiest way is to hear your ideas/inputs and incorporate them into the design and function.

Feel free to post here or email me sales@modern-motorsports.com .

Sad to see Mike bowing out. But I'm glad to hear you're picking up where Mike has left off. I've no advice to offer, only encouragement. Even if I never order any adjustable supension arms it's good to know they are available from a trustworthy professional like yourself. 2thumbs.gif

Brake parts are in my future too.

Guest Anonymous

mudge,

I think the 240sx rear disc setup that Ross sells has the parking brake (as an option).

Thats one of the reasons I'm going this route. I hope it has it!! Ross can clarify.

Tom

Biggest advantage to disks in back is easier maintenance, but no parking cable? ouch
The question was how to hook up the e brakes, not whether it had them. I just bought a set of Ross's 240sx rear disks and the calipers have ebrake connections. But I haven't looked into the details of connecting them yet.

I have always liked the look of Mike's adjustable control arms, but they look like a bit much for my street only machine. I personally wouldn't know what to do with all that flexibility.

But I think Mike's comments about adjustablity is the key. I know at one point I looked into getting my rear wheels aligned and the shop quoted me a price of something like $300. Mainly because he would need a hammer to adjust anything. They would probably pay for themselves on a car with a slight amount of body damage.

The other selling point for a street only guy like me would be packaging them in a complete suspension package like Arizona Z car does. They sell the control arms, struts and 4 wheel disks as an assembly (basically a complete suspension), but at the time it was something like $1500 per CORNER. Offer everything in a lightened package with optional powder coat/chrome plating at a more reasonable price and you'll make me wish I was single again.

mike is busy on filling my order for the adj. front control arms/tc rods and i should have them soon. i still haven't decided on rears because [no, i'm not an engineer...but] they looked to have too little adjustablity before binding. if you could design the rear arm to be like arizona's, and on car adjustable for a reasonable price-like mike's...my decision would be made and the order placed!

btw ross, howz my brake package coming along?!?!

Originally posted by 1 tuff z:

btw ross, howz my brake package coming along?!?!

WIcked!!! Going out for anodizing tomorrow or Thursday, you're going to be stoked TUFFZ cheers.gif

You'll also be happy with final rear c-arm design evolving/I've had some great online and offline input already 2thumbs.gif

PS Mudge et al, Full rear brake info is here on my webshop/and other links within the product show customer installs as well. Yes, functional and well done ebrake setup..and more advantages to large disks than just what was noted above...the more power you have within reason the easier it is too modulate it near the limit and maximize your potential.....we're not all F1 drivers and these tools really help!

Ross,

I was sorry to see Mike Kelly have to shut down operations--never a good thing for the Z community when one guy has to do that, but I am VERY happy that you have stepped in to fill the void. I am secretly coveting a similar set-up to these and I would like to buy one in the near future. I think it would add to the great parts you already provide smile.gif

Davy

Ross,

Take a look at Dan Baldwin's comments on the rear arm design and the bending introduced by the current design. I don't know where he got the picture,(Dan), that I like that design better from a Mech. E's perspective. I'm sure you could still design it to be on car adjustable and not introduce that bending on the back bar.

Sorry, but I can't find that thread.

-Bob

edit: found it:

adjustable arm thread

rotrocketz you have mail. Bob, thanks for that thread I've been looking for it and I had missed the link their the first time thru.

I'm thinking quite similar to that but as it'll be on the car adjustable I have to lengthen the hub side 'single' posts to incorporate a lh/rh turnbuckle. I'd prefer them to remain single action as shown in that link so toe adjustments don't put the threads in forced twisting. Just lengthen them enough to allow adjustment and not move that joint too far inboard where moments are increasing.

Has anyone got any pics of installed arms with my CV adaptors as well? I'd love to see rear geometries back their for clearance issues etc. I've got pics without control arms in place with CV's that aren't of near as much use at present.

The other selling point for a street only guy like me would be packaging them in a complete suspension package like Arizona Z car does. They sell the control arms, struts and 4 wheel disks as an assembly (basically a complete suspension)
I agree. I was planning on doing all of my suspension and breaks upgrades at the same time (phase 2). It would be really convenient to be able to have everything shipped to me in one box already assembled. And you could have a couple levels of performance/quality/features sets to choose from. You know, kind of like a value meal approach ("I'll take a number 2 with a Coke, please.")

Britt,

On the Sway bar ends , Randy is working on some

custom adjustable sway bar stuff as well. He was

planning on picking up some tubular sway bar stock

this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.