HybridZ

HELD ASAP. Strut problems

Oh, these are little bumps and bruises. Wait till you start buying impounded Z's from police auctions and see what happens when they reach the absolute bottom of the food chain.

All I will say is: "At least a weld bead was not involved."

Or speaker wire. Speaker wire is a universal headlight/fuelpump/battery ground cable replacement for impounded Datsuns...

Good to see your strut is handled.

Oh, these are little bumps and bruises. Wait till you start buying impounded Z's from police auctions and see what happens when they reach the absolute bottom of the food chain.

All I will say is: "At least a weld bead was not involved."

Or speaker wire. Speaker wire is a universal headlight/fuelpump/battery ground cable replacement for impounded Datsuns...

Good to see your strut is handled.

Haha.. When i first got it, i started taking out the speakers, saw a speaker wire running through the middle of the cabin, went to rip it, but paused and decided to chase it. I followed it all the way to the spare tire well, and i look. its the dam power wire for the fuel pump. Sigh.

so ive been to that point, i re wired it with regular 16 gauge wire but its still in the cab. I need to run it through the body, just i want to tear the interior out for paint, and thats when ill do it.

You know the master cylinder test right?

Slow light pressure on the pedal. If it goes to the floor, needs replacing. Hard pressure will force the seal hard against the bore and will mask a bad master.

So it may not be just a bleed. I'd suggest a new one rather than a reman if it does go that route.

• 2 weeks later...
You really don't need to pull the arms at all if you're just changing the struts. Just disconnect the swaybars, brake lines, and driveshafts, lean the struts out from under the fenders and put your spring compressor on it right there. Too late for you, but hopefully somebody else will see this and save themselves some time.

That is the way i did it and save my self alot of time and work .:mparty: