HybridZ

The Exhaust is on !!!

Just brought the car home from the muffler shop. I was able to find a real craftsman to do it. I hope you agree. Now its time to put the body together and get it painted. I am amazed at how smooth the car is, its power, its drivability and the help from this web site. I have driven this car for over 30 years, only put 58,000 miles on it and was concerned I was going to ruin a classic. But the LS_1 along with John's Cars Kit and other parts from JTR make this a better car and and I think my Z understands that!!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282022

LS_1 706s_thumb.jpg

LS_1 709s_thumb.JPG

LS_1 711s_thumb.JPG

LS_1 713s_thumb.JPG

LS_1 721s_thumb.JPG

I looked your build photos on Cardomain and I have to say, very nice work :2thumbs: You even put a lot of detail into the suspension and everything. The car is a real gem. What's also nice is that the car looks rather "stock."

The bad thing is that you'll be going through tires like there is no tomorrow!

Davy

Only thing I see is the O2 sensor is at the bottom. I've read (emphasize READ no first hand experience) they last longer if mounting pointing up otherwise they collect moisture and can be prone to related problems. Where did that Cat headshield come from?

Cameron

The large heat shield came with the car new. I bought it in California in 1978, it required a CAT and the heatshield. I hope it keeps the car temp down as i imagine the LS_1 puts out a lot of heat. I am amazed you picked up on it. I am trying to upload to you tube so you can hear it running

How does it sound in the car??

FYI, I built a system like that for an old school 350 conversion and it resonated very very badly in the car. At low rpms, you couldn't hear yourself scream. Crazy loud in a weird way (louder in the car than outside). So, I also installed an H pipe before the y-pipe and installed 2 short dynomax bullet mufflers in the straight sections. Those mods made it sound quieter than stock when driving normal (a huge difference).