HybridZ

Ebay Silicone Vacuum Hose Kit...Opinions?

PresaMax

Hmm...I haven't tried those.

The wall thickness seems decent enough to prevent them from collapsing under vacuum when they get hot (the first problem noticed with cheap silicone). Their ability to withstand high heat cycling (eventually getting hard and cracking) and chemical resistance may still be questionable...

[Edit: Okay, well he says that they have good chemical resistance...the price is still kind of high, no??]

Personally, I think those bright red hoses detract from the look of the engine bay. I don't notice the engine components much...all I notice are the hoses. But hey, that is just my opinion...

Dont buy the kit...its a rip off, it will give you just what you need for too much money.....go with the link above, Verocious.

I have used them a number of times..their hose looks great and quality is high. I have the silver hoses on my RB20.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my silicone hoses from "Verocious Motorsports" yesterday. I purchased the "Starter Kit" for $88 + shipping. The quality is good. However there are some hoses I still need. If I were to do it all again, I'd probably be better off paying the extra $30 and ordering the pre-assembled kit I listed in my original post. FYI. Thanks again for the input.

Julius

Dont waste your money. Buy only the hoses you need generically.

I bought one similar to this:

http://www.autobarn.net/raspaksivaho.html

For the really tiny vacuum lines for the HVAC and windshield fluid...use RC fuel line. Very Cheap.

The site says this kit has:

10' of 3mm

5' of 6mm

2'of 10mm

Is that enough for all of our hoses? I saw the ebay one last week and was thinking about it too...but this is WAAAAY cheaper, and if it gets the job done, I'd do it.

DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY: if you replace existing vacuum hoses with ones of the same diameter, but longer/shorter lengths than original....will it impede performance? With the way the OEM engine bay looks, I could see some "hose management" giving it some improvement if I made some things longer or shorter....hence my dumb question :)

The site says this kit has:

10' of 3mm

5' of 6mm

2'of 10mm

Is that enough for all of our hoses? I saw the ebay one last week and was thinking about it too...but this is WAAAAY cheaper, and if it gets the job done, I'd do it.

DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY: if you replace existing vacuum hoses with ones of the same diameter, but longer/shorter lengths than original....will it impede performance? With the way the OEM engine bay looks, I could see some "hose management" giving it some improvement if I made some things longer or shorter....hence my dumb question :)

:D

Guest TeamNissan

I don't think its a dumb question. In my opinion so long as you don't make them extremely long you will be fine. Lost of people here have cleaned up their bay using longer hoses to tuck them away(the ones not removed lol).

Thanks TeamNissan for the clarification!

however, the other part of my post didn't get answered (about the kit referenced above having enough hoses in the right size to swap out our vacuum hoses on the S130).

I'm going to add a real dumb Q now: are there any precautions to take when disconnecting/reconnecting vacuum hoses? I'm guessing it's not a good idea when the engine's warm :-) Do you need to bleed anything off prior to disconnecting old/reconnecting new hoses?