HybridZ

Turbo Z's - let's see/hear your mufflers/exhaust!

I'm swapping an L28ET in my S30 this spring. I'm trying to make a decision on which muffler to go with; I'd also like to see some people's exhaust setups so I can show it to the custom exhaust shop I go to. I'm not too fond of the canister-style mufflers even though they're probably the most efficient. I guess I'll start it off:

1.jpg

12.jpg

3.jpg

I found on my truck, that was a turbo V6, it was quieter without a muffler than with. I was using a Supertrapp at the time, and prefered it with cat, no muffler. The cat probably helped reduce the noise output as well.

I know that doesn't really help with your picture request, but thought I'd give you another avenue to consider.

I found on my truck, that was a turbo V6, it was quieter without a muffler than with. I was using a Supertrapp at the time, and prefered it with cat, no muffler. The cat probably helped reduce the noise output as well.

I know that doesn't really help with your picture request, but thought I'd give you another avenue to consider.

Let's keep this thread's posts limited to the thread's subject...

LARRY

3" DP to 3" mandrel bent to Dynomax 3" straight through. I consider it to be subtle enough to drive every day and on long distances, but throaty enough to satisfy when you romp on it.

left111.jpg

arseend11.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

edit: ignore the sooty exhaust, was running a tad rich then eh ;)