HybridZ

Turbo Z's - let's see/hear your mufflers/exhaust!

Guest carsrule123
2.5" mandrel down pipe 3" stainless mandrel exhaust. I have a race magnum in the center and a magnaflow muffler out back.

DSC000221.JPG

DSC000171.JPG

DSC00270.JPG

nice setup liking it a lot, looks cool to.

• 6 months later...

I can play now. :lol:

I'll post a couple pictures of the exhaust as I was making it, I'll get installed pictures tomorrow in the day light.

3" all the way through, with a Moroso sprial flow. Apparently I didn't take any pictures with the muffler attached before I installed it.

Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Anyone have a header to 2.5" to just a single dynomax ultra-flo? or maybe a twice pipes version of this? I have been curious as to what this would sound like.

Edit: Oh.. I didn't notice that this was a turbo exhause thread lol, did read the title. I'm looking for this system in N/A on a 2.4.

Yeah TIG welders are nice to have. ;) I'll admit I was a bit worried about welding to it, and did a test weld on it before I cut it to use as the flange for the exhaust system. It wouldn't have been hard to make a new flange, but I didn't really have the time to make, so I went with this plan, so far so good.

I'll get installed pictures up tonight, I need to transfer them from the camera to the 'puter.

:mrgreen:

Out of all the Z's I have seen on this site this is one of the best. Do you have pics's of the inside? I bought my current 1975 280zt back in 1992. It is old school, orginal 75' ECM, HKS intercooler, T5 tranny. I did the inside and drive train plus some extra's 10 years ago. New Nissan Long block with P90a head (solid rockers, no hydro's). Only have about 20,000 miles on it since then. I got married and was to broke to do anything with it until now. If the funds hold out I hope mine turns out as nice as yours when I am done. Nice ride!!!!!!!

I grew up redoing Z's. I have owned 1974 1/2 260z, 1983 280zx, 1978 280z, 1987 300zxt, 1990 300ztt, and my current 1975 280zt.

Here's mine - 4" downpipe to a custom mullfer - 4" oval + 2.25" round (from the wg) at the inlet to a pair of 3" ovals exiting out each side...

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

exhaust7.jpg

that is so super duper sweet Tim.......ah...... anywho.

This is my 4 inch with a cheapo diesel muffler.

and full out on the dyno.

EDIT: I've already replied to this before! I've been had. opps

Out of all the Z's I have seen on this site this is one of the best. Do you have pics's of the inside? I bought my current 1975 280zt back in 1992. It is old school, orginal 75' ECM, HKS intercooler, T5 tranny. I did the inside and drive train plus some extra's 10 years ago. New Nissan Long block with P90a head (solid rockers, no hydro's). Only have about 20,000 miles on it since then. I got married and was to broke to do anything with it until now. If the funds hold out I hope mine turns out as nice as yours when I am done. Nice ride!!!!!!!

I grew up redoing Z's. I have owned 1974 1/2 260z, 1983 280zx, 1978 280z, 1987 300zxt, 1990 300ztt, and my current 1975 280zt.

Thanks! Here's a link with some interior pics:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112290

The intake in the pic that Phil showed above is a set of TWM individual throttle bodies on a Mikuni manifold - I made the plenum that is visible in the vid.

Does anyone have a mandrel-bent exhaust? I really want one...

Mine is made from mandrel bends, cut to the right length and welded together.

You're probably asking about a single piece that uses mandrel bends, which I just don't see happened for a decent price, simply because of the costs involved.