HybridZ

Pictures of a bad paint day

RedNeckZ

:mparty: We started painting the car this past Friday. It started with the Sealing Coat and the Gun Metal for the stripe. We then let the car sit over night before placing the stripe on it. After that we did the Black on the back section of the car. It sat for 2 1/2 hours before we moved the plastic to cover the rear of the car. Then we applied the Red paint on the front of the car. After the first coat was put down and we started mixing the material for the second coat did the teacher find out that the paint job had to done over again. We had asked for base coat/clear coat mixed paint. What we were given was single coat paint. Lucky for us the company that mixed the paint honored itself and gave us all new paint. We have to wait another week before we can sand on it and start the repaint of the car. This was my first paint job so be gentle.

MVC-001S_thumb.JPG

MVC-002S_thumb.JPG

MVC-003S_thumb.JPG

MVC-004S_thumb.JPG

MVC-006S_thumb.JPG:rolleyesg

:-) The gun I was using was from Sears (model craftsman 9.15531 top loader)and is not one of the more expensive models. I have more pictures. But have to down load them to my big lap top and tranfer them to CD then transfer them to this computer. Will try to get them on later tonight or tomorrow. The design was one my wife came up with. She did pretty good with it. My second Z is going to be a little more radical (ie. big flairs, whale tail and alot of fiberglass and V8) but will have the same paint idea except in orange and black. I also have a Dodge Dakota that will be painted same as above. It will be part of the race car /car hauler package. In the next paint job we are going to add real small metal flake into the first coat of clear. We will then add two or three more coats of clear to the car.

:cool: Just some more pictures from outside the house. I am still trying to download the ones in the telephone camera that we took in the paint booth. We are putting the glass back in it this weekend. We have chrome bumpers to put back on and a shade shield (louvers) for the rear window. Also have the covers for the headlights and assorted chrome pieces. New wheels have been ordered, but still haven't decided on what kind of tires we will be using.

MVC-008S_thumb.JPG

MVC-009S_thumb.JPG

MVC-010S_thumb.JPG

MVC-011S_thumb.JPG

MVC-012S_thumb.JPG

yup, move faster, or turn down the pressure and adjust the amount of paint. Clear is a little tricky to spray your first time out. You'll actually need to adjust your gun to spray less when you do clear it kinda looks opaque as your spraying it... this is ok... look behind where you have sprayed and you will see it go flat and clear. Spraying too heavy on the clear and you'll be paying for it later with runs and drips.

Other than that.. lol Paint job looks sweet man! I love the scheme! Hope the tips help you out man, looks like one sweet Z!

:icon54: The wheels are 16x7 (only payed $100 for them) and the tire size is 225/50/16. The sun/moon roof was a add on (rollbar also added). We cut it and installed it. I had seven of them sitting around here from cars that I have taken a part. After the Meeting in Vegas in 2000. I found out that they are not a bad thing to have for getting the heat out of the car. We are putting it back in the paint booth this Thursday. It will be done on Saturday. Hope to have everything back on it by Monday.:wink: