HybridZ

Anyone got pictures of an RB26 swap?

PanzerAce

Basically, I'm thinking of getting a RB26DETT swaped into my '73 240Z. However, if at all possible, I want to modify it slowly. So does anyone here have a picture of how easy it is to get the turbos in and out once the engine is completely installed? It seems impossible to find a good head on or top down engine bay shot of a RB26 in a S30...

Thanks guys.

I had my turbos off several times. There is plenty of room to do just about anything while the engine is installed.

My bone stocker rb26 with 680cc injectors, sdsefi, hi flow exhaust, and 15 PSI netted 11.2xx at 127MPH + so yea you will for sure be surprising people.:mparty:

I had my turbos off several times. There is plenty of room to do just about anything while the engine is installed.

My bone stocker rb26 with 680cc injectors, sdsefi, hi flow exhaust, and 15 PSI netted 11.2xx at 127MPH + so yea you will for sure be surprising people.:mparty:

stony i remember you mentioning this a dozen times, but did you get a number for output? I'm curious to compare your time/trap to what my goal is with my RB30DE. Cause I've seen the video, so I know it's legit :D

I'm hoping for max 350 whp. what numbers did you have to get that time/trap?

+ you r0x.

nice. All I really know for sure about the final engine setup is that I am keeping the TT setup, and 99% likely to run a water/methanol injection system (gotta keep it running in the 110 degree heat we get in the valley).

course, big turbos goes without saying ;)

stony i remember you mentioning this a dozen times, but did you get a number for output? I'm curious to compare your time/trap to what my goal is with my RB30DE. Cause I've seen the video, so I know it's legit :D

I'm hoping for max 350 whp. what numbers did you have to get that time/trap?

+ you r0x.

Stock injectors, stock booste, stock intercooler and a good tune on sdsefi netted 352 at the wheels and 11.138 @ 120 mph once i upped the booste i had 392 and more rear wheel spin. MPH went up to 127 but never broke 11.2xx then the rearend started breaking.

this was the very first run at the strip with the car before the dyno

here was the best run at stock booste

Oh yea back on topic. For those that don’t know the rb26 was rated at 280PS from the factory. My car was a perfect example of how underrated it actually was. In stock form it has a very restrictive intake and exhaust. And with just aftermarket intake and exhaust guys in Japan hit the 320 mark really easy. With my car keep in mind I used a standalone which allowed me to pull every little bit of HP out of it in stock form. If I was brave and upped the boost on the stock turbos (don’t do this) I could have got 420 at the wheels.

Anyway keep us updated on your projects. Always like to read others progress.

• 2 weeks later...
Basically, I'm thinking of getting a RB26DETT swaped into my '73 240Z. However, if at all possible, I want to modify it slowly. So does anyone here have a picture of how easy it is to get the turbos in and out once the engine is completely installed? It seems impossible to find a good head on or top down engine bay shot of a RB26 in a S30...

Thanks guys.

plenty of pictures of my swap throughout my blog. Also just finished engine rebuild.

http://web.mac.com/markrolston/NewSite/Z-Blog/Z-Blog.html

http://web.mac.com/markrolston/NewSite/Z-Blog/Entries/2007/4/8_Custom_Piping.html

• 2 months later...

synthtk I like how the engine sits in that car, I am curios what engine mounts are you using, or did you custom make them? I am thinking of doing a rb26dett swap in my 280z, and that is how I want my engine to sit. were you able to use the stock driveshaft too? And is that the stock radiator I see? I was under the impression that the stock radiator would not cool the engine, and cause it to overheat.