HybridZ

Bought myself a 280zx

BobbyZ

I would like to keep it Automatic for now because the drive is horrible (traffic in the mountains) but it seems like the tranny might have a few issues so there is a good chance I will just look for a 5 speed to replace it with.

I like that it can be a "running project" my other z ('77 280z) is completely dismantled at this point so it can be hard to find the motivation to work on it. I would like to make a few easy modifications to this to make it into a comfortable cruiser. Lots of little projects on it, should be fun.

I was actually really close to buying that car. The fact that it's a slick top really appealed to me, but 81's are auto and I'm not really up for a manual conversion with my current amount of time I have to work on cars.

It's a good deal though, no doubt. Hope it serves you well!

Working pretty well so far! (Other than the leak at the windshield I just found this morning...)

Hahaha, i was worried about something like that when the lady told me that the windshield was replaced. Most of those budget glass guys don't do a very good job...

I can tell that the body has some rust but I am not too worried about it. I am not going to do a real restoration. Just want something fun to drive to work. It definately needs some work but it should be fun.

The drivers side seat belt does not retract anymore so I had to tie a knot in it to drive it home. I can't drive without a seatbelt I feel naked.

I can tell that the body has some rust but I am not too worried about it. I am not going to do a real restoration. Just want something fun to drive to work. It definately needs some work but it should be fun.

The drivers side seat belt does not retract anymore so I had to tie a knot in it to drive it home. I can't drive without a seatbelt I feel naked.

You can most likely find a replacement on Ebay - although it's more likely to be the retractor mechanism than the seat belt itself. Might be repairable.

I pulled the seat belt apart and found that the spring had broken. I pulled out the broken section and rewound the spring but the fix did not last long. I think the spring was too short after I fixed it and it must have unwound itself. I was planning on hitting up a junkyard to find a replacement.

I also still have to fix the leaky windshield. I was planning on putting some silicon sealer into the gap between the windshield and the roof. It wont fix the rust that I know is in there but it should keep me dry.

What color is the interior? It looked red in the ad, hard to tell. If you want some spare interior I have a full set of pretty clean 2+2 stuff you can have for DIRT CHEAP if you wanna come pick it up. (dirt cheap meaning pay for gas, and maybe some change to pay for some soda while you're here)

Seats, seat belts, panels (door panels are the worst part, faded tops and beat up), carpet, dash, etc. Tons of RED stuff that i'll NEVER have a use for.

All the stuff is up in richmond.

Well I could easily recolor whatever you have. Only problem would be fit, mine is a 2 seater. What panels are going to be different between the two?

If any of the stuff will fit I could probably use everything you just mentioned. The interior could use a lot of work and I would probably just use some vinyl dye to make it all black. What kind of condition are the seats in?