HybridZ

Vid of OS Giken DOHC in S30

boardkid280z

Here's Youtube video of a Japanese Z with a DOHC head and ITBs. It was posted by Wstepler on zcar.com. Thought you guys might enjoy too and didn't see it posted anywhere here yet.

Here's the thread he posted it in:

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/1898874

there are couple of funny responses in the thread.

PS: Anyone know what he's pooring onto/into the motor, around 15 secs into the video? Maybe they're checking for vacuum leaks where the ITBs meet the head? Or oiling the throttle linkages?

Firstly, it doesn't have ITBs, but a classic set of triple sidedraft carbs. Probably it's set for higher RPM operation, and as zero noted, it surely has some very aggressive cams. Max, the picture you posted was taken by user HS30-H during one of his trips to Japan. I bet he's the best source of information about this particular car.

Tony

Firstly, it doesn't have ITBs, but a classic set of triple sidedraft carbs. Probably it's set for higher RPM operation, and as zero noted, it surely has some very aggressive cams. Max, the picture you posted was taken by user HS30-H during one of his trips to Japan. I bet he's the best source of information about this particular car.

Tony

Ah, i see. I found the picture when I was looking through Tomitaku's website.

• 3 weeks later...