HybridZ

Dyno results from today

big-phil

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at your afr's they are starting to get richer and richer and richer at 4500 and hence your power is decreasing. so you might want to do some more tunning and it looks like you need to back your fuel off some. but then again i guess that could be your meth. kicking in. and im not sure how your supposed to have it tuned for when that kicks in.l

jeffer949, you tune for 10.8 to 11. As I stated before, his AFR at 10.1 to 10.3 is too rich.

Phil, like BRAAP and others have said, your stock manifold is what is causing your power to drop off after 4500 RPM. Nearly everyone running the same stock manifold experiences the same curve. My curves look just like yours.

John,

Are your intake runners ported or as cast? For some reason I always thought your runners were extensively ported which helped boost your HP numbers a bit compared to your torque.

My N42 intake has the throttle body mount extensively ported and the runners are port-matched slightly and blended. The runners don't have much done. My cylinder head has the runners port-matched and my valves are back-cut. That's it really. I honestly think Phil can make big improvements without going through the trouble of going to a custom intake. The stock intake, ported or not, is done at about 5500rpm not 4500rpm. I've seen this over and over on dyno sheets and in different cars.

This is just my opinion, but I'd look somewhere besides the intake manifold.

Phil, Here's an example of a car that made 400rwhp with far less mods than you or I have. Remember Morgan Fruchtnicht's budget build in the Fall 2002 issue of Sport Z magazine? It's the same issue that featured JeffP's car.

http://z31.com/~morgan/oldz/

My point is that you should have all the right parts to get to your goal.... You just need a few more tweaks. I know how frustrating it is to be so close to your goal.

Let me know how I can help.

Phil,

You should be able to get an extra 10hp from leaning out the gas on the big-end but at the same time get the lean spot 11.8:1 taken car of as well. Its right at your torque peak so that makes since. Then you will be able to add timing. Remeber the main thing extra fuel does is slow the combustion down alittle so its just like you retarded timing. It also cools off the combustion alittle bit but its returns are reduced at a certain point. So get the a/f's line steady and you should be able to pick up a good 10hp. Also don't know if you know this but you can add timing after torque peak to pick up top-end power as well.

Too give you an idea at DNI getting Gabes a/f's from lows 11's to high 11's and adding 4 degrees of timing he picked up 3-4?mph in his traps. Which is about 15hp.